OWC’s New Accelsior S PCIe Card Brings 6Gb/s Speeds to any System With a PCIe Slot
Versatile SSD expansion solution can be used as a Mac or PC bootable drive and delivers enhanced performance and increased reliability
WOODSTOCK, IL – May 22, 2015 – Other World Computing (OWC®), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the Accelsior S, a new PCIe card with direct mount support for a 2.5″ SATA 6Gb/s SSD. The latest addition to OWC’s award-winning Accelsior line enables PC, Mac Pro tower and Thunderbolt interface expansion chassis users to quickly and easily add additional storage. Utilizing the robust PCIe architecture, the Accelsior S card offers both storage expansion and 6Gb/s speeds up to 550MB/s — more than double the performance of SATA 3Gb/s.
When equipped with the Accelsior S PCIe card and an SSD, Mac Pro tower and PC users can launch, capture, render and process I/O-intensive apps without long wait times. The Accelsior S PCIe card is also extremely easy to install–no drivers or software are required.
“The Accelsior S provides legacy Mac Pro, PC tower, and Thunderbolt interface expansion chassis users with storage expansion and a speed bump,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. “This is a fantastic upgrade for the legacy Mac Pro, which is speed limited by its native SATA 3Gb/s architecture. The Accelsior S is fully equipped to support the flexibility and full speed of a cutting edge 6Gb/s OWC SSD.”
Performance Plus Reliability
Backed by a 3-year limited warranty and OWC’s award-winning US-based 24/7 technical support, OWC Accelsior S cards have been developed to deliver consistent reliability well into the future. The OWC Accelsior S is custom-engineered for use with PC, Mac Pro tower and Thunderbolt interface expansion chassis.
Pricing and Availability
OWC’s new Accelsior S PCIe Card is now available for same day shipping from OWC for $57.75.
For more information on the OWC Accelsior S, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDACL6G.S/
The OWC Trust Advantage®
- Over 25 years of product design and innovation
- OWC tested for compatibility, speed and reliability
- Comprehensive step-by-step installation and support videos
- 24/7 award-winning, U.S.-based technical support
OWC is the manufacturer and upgrade provider of choice for Apple and PC enthusiasts and has been providing OWC memory upgrades for Apple computers since 1989. For the last decade, OWC has been building SSD upgrades specifically for Apple computers, winning multiple awards while also earning accolades for OWC external drives and optical drives. OWC memory, SSDs and a growing number of our products are designed, engineered and manufactured in Austin, Texas. Widely recognized for its exemplary customer service, OWC provides extensive US-based technical support for Mac and PC users around the world. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also produces a catalog of upgrades and accessories, having served the Apple community worldwide since 1988.
OWC’s industry awards include:
- Videomaker Best of CES 2015 Spotlight Award for OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- 2015 CES Innovations Honoree for OWC ThunderBay 4 External Storage Solution
- Storage Visions, Visionary Product Award 2015 for OWC Envoy Pro mini, a SSD thumb drive
- Inc. 5,000 “Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America” list honoree 2007-2013
- Reseller Ratings Elite Member 2009-2014
- About.com Readers’ Choice Award winner for Best Mac Peripheral Reseller in 2013 and 2012
- Business Intelligence Group 2013 Green Tech Company of the Year
- American Business Awards “Stevie” Gold (2012) and Silver (2014)
- Better Business Bureau Top Rating of A+ 2010-2014