PCMark 8 update – changes to Adobe Applications and Storage benchmarks
- Adobe Applications benchmark has been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The After Effects test output has been changed to uncompressed AVI format as the latest version of Adobe After Effects CC no longer supports output to compressed Windows Media Video format.
- Use Compatibility mode to compare scores with historical result data. This also requires an older version of After Effects that supports Windows Media Video.
- The Storage and Expanded Storage benchmarks have been updated to version 2.0. Scores should not be compared with earlier versions.
- The tests now provide better support for NVMe drives. Scores from NVMe drives will improve in some cases. The faster the drive, the bigger the difference. Other types of drive are unaffected.
- General stability and error handling have been improved.
- SystemInfo module updated to 4.41 for improved hardware compatibility.
- Video Chat test now works even when there is no audio device in the system.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PCMark 8 to crash when the SystemInfo module failed.
- Fixed several issues found on non-English language Windows installations.
- Command line now offers temp path selection.
- XML output now shows battery life in minutes not seconds for more intuitive results.
Futuremark creates benchmarks that enable people to measure, understand and manage computer hardware performance. Our talented team creates the industry’s most authoritative and widely used performance tests for desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and browsers.
We work in cooperation with many of the world’s leading technology companies to develop industry standard benchmarks that are relevant, accurate, and impartial. As a result, our benchmarks are widely used by the world’s leading press publications and enthusiast review sites when testing the latest processors, graphics cards, notebooks and tablets. Futuremark maintains the world’s largest and most comprehensive hardware performance database, using the results submitted by millions of users to drive innovative online solutions designed to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions.
Our headquarters is in Finland just outside the capital Helsinki. We also have a sales office in Silicon Valley and sales representatives in Taiwan. Contact us today to see how we can help your business or follow our news and updates on Facebook and LinkedIn.