Organizing a personal room is never easy, and when it comes to special interests and requirements, the issue becomes even more complicated. Particular attention should be paid to the arrangement of a gamer’s room. How should this be done? What is a must-have in a gamer’s room?
A gamer’s room – why is it such a problem?
A properly organized interior of the gaming room is quite important for those who can spend hours in their favorite game. The room of a real gamer is not only a desk and a comfortable chair but also the location of suitable furniture in a comfortable place, good insolation of the room. All these things can both increase the immersion effect and the pleasure of the game, and constantly distract from the process, so they require sufficient attention.
It is important we must not equate a comfortable workplace to a good playing place, because those who work at home, usually not so tied to a workplace. For example, if a student gets tired of writing a paper at his desk, they can avoid that by hiring a “write my paper for me” service or simply work from any other place: they can work in bed, during a snack in the kitchen, go to work in some cafe, restaurant, or co-working space. The same usually works for remote workers, but a gamer, on the other hand, can’t afford that most of the time.
Gaming room – where to start?
Organizing a room where you can play games, as well as perform many other activities is quite a complex job. To avoid mistakes and to be satisfied with the resulting effect, you need to start from scratch:
- Determine all the functions of the room – even in the life of an avid gamer, there are other pleasures, responsibilities, and tasks. It’s important to focus right away on whether the room is being made for a teenager or an adult gamer. If the room is to be used only for playing, working, and studying, you don’t need to worry about the bed, but if it is also to be a bedroom, the arrangement of furniture needs to be properly planned.
- The size of the room is the key question, whether you have ten square meters or maybe twenty. The room’s surface is important, but also its more precise dimensions, recesses, location of doors and windows, and possible barriers.
- Analysis of the amount of natural sunlight in the interior – it is worth paying attention to how much sunlight enters the room through the windows, through the door, or other rooms. This will help you decide where to place the computer desk or console with a TV, what curtains or louver shutter to choose.
A room with a computer.
In the case of PC gaming, the room should be equipped with:
- A computer table for the gamer – it should be spacious and comfortable to ensure maximum comfort during the game. Depending on the games used, the table should have room not only for the monitor and keyboard but also for the mouse and maybe other controllers, speakers, etc. It should also leave enough room for a glass with a drink and comfortable elbow positioning. In the market you can find tables designed specifically for gamers, this is a very convenient solution, the only disadvantage may be the price. However, you can also buy a regular table, but with the appropriate shape and size.
- A gaming chair is not an ordinary chair, and even not an office chair. Therefore, it is worth paying attention to the choice of the very same model. This option will be appreciated by gamers, as well as people who spend a lot of time at the computer. Gaming seats are mobile, rotating, and equipped with numerous solutions that allow you to focus on the game. Gaming chairs have comfortable armrests, contoured backs, high headrests, and a structure designed for long periods of sitting at the computer.
- Adequate lighting + curtains or louver shutter. Those who have tried to play in a room where the sunlight reflected from the screen is blinding know how important proper lighting and the ability to regulate interior insolation is. It is worth placing the table in such a way that the sunlight does not fall on the screen. Another important point is blinds or curtains, which will allow you to spend time comfortably near the monitor even on a sunny day.
Game console room
In a PC player’s room, the most important thing is a computer, a chair, and a desk. In the case of console gamers, you need a place for the console, a TV, and a place to play. The layout of such an interior can look quite different. The key elements are:
- A place for a game console – for example, a TV table. Its size and design do not have any special importance for the game itself, but it is worth choosing it with the interior design in mind.
- The TV, to which we connect the console – you can hang it on the wall or put it on the table. The key factor in this situation is that the player should not sit too close to the screen and should not tilt his head too much.
- Seats – some players play on the console, sitting on the floor, while others fit bean bags, sofas, couches, and similar solutions. So here you can let your imagination run wild.
To sum it up.
Regardless of whether you are organizing a room for playing CS: GO, or a room with a console and a TV, it is worth taking care of such important points as proper lighting and the ability to cover windows, as well as enough space for other tasks – space for beds, for reading a book, personal belongings.
A gaming room is, of course, not just a desk, computer, or console, but also the decor of the entire room. After all, it is definitely better to live and play games in a room that has been organized according to gaming trends. The walls can be decorated with atmospheric posters, it is worth using in the interior interesting pillows or bedding with game prints. Such details do not affect the functionality of the interior but give it a wonderful aesthetic that gamers will love.