Awash with gambling sites of all sorts and forms, the online gambling industry is flourishing: evaluated at approximately $75 billion, the global online gambling market is expected to double by 2025 and at least triple by 2030. There are all sorts of technologies you can find at online casinos, from 3D games to virtual reality to blockchain, each of which adds value to online gambling and makes it even more popular.
The ever-growing demand for high-quality gambling sites promotes competition and innovative approaches. Speaking of which, there’s a thought that the market is so saturated with newfangled contraptions and mold-breaking staff alike that it would be almost impossible to come up with something new and fresh, something that would allow outperforming the mammoths like Vulkan Vegas or Slottica. On the one hand, there’s some truth to that: creating a mobile casino in 2021 would require much more effort than a decade ago; on the other hand, where there’s a will, there’s a way. You can still beat the competition if you can pull together all the aspects of a classy casino.
Aleksandra Maj, a gambling expert from KasynoHEX, knows too much about creating a high-quality casino to keep it away from you. Without further ado, let’s shed light on what a modern casino should have to attract players.
It goes without saying that the only reasonable way to go is the legal one. There are some borderline cases when you might not be able to get a license – for example, if you want to create a no-registration casino so that your users could get higher privacy – but we won’t consider them within this article.
So, before you apply for a gambling license, you have to
- Research the possible jurisdictions where you can get a license. The most popular issuers are the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, the Government of Curacao, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and a few more, each of which has a separate set of demands, price, and duration of a license. Keep in mind, users welcome several licenses, and rightfully so – the more sets of requirements you are able to clear, the higher the chance your casino lives up to the highest standards of the industry.
- Research the countries you are going to provide services to. There are countries where online gambling is banned altogether, banned partially, unregulated, partially regulated, fully regulated, or monopolized. Since you are likely going to cater to different countries, this research is needed to exclude the unfavorable gambling climates.
#2 Diverse Games
There are about a hundred software providers out there, and at least 30% of them are worth incorporating into your gaming library. Not all brands have equal marketing power, though: well-known companies like Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, and Playtech are absolute beasts able to win the hearts of millions, whereas less known brands – for example, Red Tiger, Wazdan, or Yggdrasil – will unlikely get as much attention.
But then again, the diversity of games is paramount. The very least you can do is
- Include all staple games from leading software providers: slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, poker, craps, and some exotic games for those willing to spice it up.
- Include Live Casino: at a time when most brick-and-mortar casinos are unavailable, live casinos are the only option for many land-based gambling fans.
- Make sure all games are mobile-compatible: developing apps for iOS and Android is highly desirable.
- Enable Free Play for unregistered users to allow all website visitors to get the hang of it with no strings attached. Some users are unable to visit and play games due to their location such as Roobet, check how to unblock Roobet to play it safely.
#3 Convenient Payment Methods
Incorporating diverse payment providers is just as important as onboarding software developers. At the very minimum, you should enable:
- Bank wire transfers.
- Bank cards: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX.
- E-wallets and mobile wallets: PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Webmoney, Interac, etc.
- Prepaid cards: Astropay, Neosurf, Paysafecard.
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash, etc.
Besides, payment limits and processing time should be reasonable, and you shouldn’t charge fees.
#4 Bonuses with Reasonable Wagering Requirements
Bonuses are the simplest and the most powerful marketing trick you can use, but there’s a nuance called wagering requirements. We’ll get to it in a bit; meanwhile, let’s elaborate on the bonuses worth providing:
- Welcome (registration) bonus to motivate your customers to sign up.
- No-deposit bonus to motivate those unwilling to spend their hard-earned money to try it with no risk.
- Deposit bonus to make regular deposits attractive.
- Bonuses for regulars and high-rollers to reciprocate to your loyal audience.
But there’s one thing more important than bonuses themselves: the wagering requirement. The optimal size of it is debatable, but as practice shows, anything more than 30x is being frowned upon by the majority of players.
#5 Round-the-Clock, Omnichannel Customer Support
Last but not least, you have to be efficient in solving users’ requests, which you can only achieve by opening as many support channels as you can handle. The golden standard is live chat, email, and phone support. Also, it wouldn’t be excessive to provide a detailed FAQ section and a request form.
With that, it’s time to leave you alone with your thoughts and considerations. Good luck in your endeavors!