The new X299 platform brings a number of new features and enhancements over the previous X99 platform. First and foremost is the ability to utilize the new Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X 4-18 core X series processors via the new LGA 2066 socket. There’s added support for Intel Optane technology with Rapid Storage, faster throughput times thanks to DMI 3.0. 30 I/O lanes with support for up to 24 PCIe lanes, eight SATA 3.0 ports, and 10 USB 3.0 ports. Overall it’s a nice step up from the X99 chipset.
Our test subject is the Prime X299-Deluxe, the current flagship of the Prime line up. It offers everything you’d expect in an Asus motherboard. There is support for 7th Generation Intel Core X series processors. Eight DDR4 memory slots that can handle up to 128GB and at speed all the way up to 4000Mhz in a quad channel configurations. There’s dual Turbo M.2 connectivity with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s with support for Intel Optane technology. Six SATA ports offer even more storage options. There USB 3.1 front panel connectors along with four USB 3.1 rear ports. The Intel i219V and I211-AT chips provides high quality network connectivity.
Asus didn’t stop there with the Prime X299-Deluxe though. 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 provides whole system optimization with a single click. 5X Protection III offers SafeSlot Core fortified PCI-E slots, LANGuard LAN protection, overvoltage, stainless steel I/O, and and DIGI+ VRM: digital power design. Asus’ also added their own Aura Sync RGB lighting system with Lighting control, dual RGB strip headers and lighting effects synchronization with compatible Asus ROG products. On top of all that, a full software suite and robust overclocking features are also included.
ASUS’s take on the Prime X299-Deluxe
- Designed for 7th generation LGA2066 socket Intel® Core™ X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with U.2 port, dual M.2, Thunderbolt EX 3, front panel USB 3.1, onboard 802.11AC/AD WIFI, Intel® VROC and Intel® Optane™ Memory compatibility
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending SafeSlot (3X) features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, additional RGB header and 3D-printing mounts to customize your build
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio enhanced by ASUS exclusive Realtek S1220A featuring Crystal Sound 3 and driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound