The Hero series has arguably been the go-to board for many each generation to get all the ROG Maximus goodies without the flagship prices of something like the Formula or Extreme boards. ROG only features like dedicated water cooling headers, pre-mounted I/O Shield, multi-zone Aura-Sync lighting with addressable headers, and one-click Ai-powered overclocking gives you everything an enthusiast gamer could need at a price that feels a little more mainstream. Let’s go see how it performs!
Pro Clockers would like to thank ASUS for sending over the ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi for us to check out!
ASUS’s take on the ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi:
ROG Maximus XI Hero is the perfect introduction to the Republic of Gamers. It’s a Z390 gaming motherboard that packs substantial power, smart cooling and faster memory support under a stealthy skin. Loaded with renowned ROG features, from one-click overclocking and cooling to attention-grabbing Aura Sync illumination, Maximus XI Hero is ready to perform and crafted for customization.
Intel Z390 ATX Gaming motherboard with M.2 heatsink, Aura Sync RGB LED, DDR4 4400MHz, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, and USB 3.1 Gen 2
- LGA1151 socket for 9th/8th -gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors
- Synchronized RGB lighting technology works with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync-capable PC gear and includes support for addressable light strips and Phillip Hue
- Perfected cooling with dedicated water header zones, M.2 heatsink and various fan control
- Gaming connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGaurd, dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Wi-Fi with MU-MI-MO 802.11
- 5-way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing AI Overclocking and cooling profiles tailor-made for your rig
- Gaming Audio: SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III – High fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability