Hot on the heels of Intel’s launch of the updated SkyLake-X 9000 series CPU’s and following in the footsteps of the well-loved Rampage VI Extreme, ASUS’s updated ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega makes some welcome changes to get the most out of Intel’s high core count CPU’s. One of the biggest changes is a new 8-phase VRM with twin power stages that quietly lurks beneath a massive new VRM heatsink with active fan cooling under the hood to handle the extreme demands of overclocking flagship CPU’s. Favorites such as the LiveDash OLED display and 10 Gigabit Ethernet are joined by a new NODE connector, Fan Extension II system, DImm.2 with heatsinks and an updated Intel Wireless-AC 9260. Can the best be bested? Let’s find out!
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the Rampage VI EXTREME OMEGA to check out.
Asus’s Take on the Rampage VI EXTREME Omega:
Designed for those who play by their own rules, ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega features a stealthy design packed with cutting-edge ROG technology and intelligent cooling. With 16 strategically paired IR3555 PowIRstages, a VRM heatsink assembly topped with dual fans, 4 M.2 slots with heatsinks and an onboard 10Gbps Ethernet, the Omega gives the most discerning gamers, enthusiasts and overclockers everything they need to push the limits.
Intel X299 EATX gaming motherboard LGA 2066 for Intel Core X-Series processors, with ROG DIMM.2, DDR4 4266MHz, onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 10Gbps LAN, USB 3.1 Gen 2, SATA, Quad M.2, and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel LGA 2066 socket: Ready for the latest Intel® Core™ X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to four M.2 drives, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Intel® VROC and Intel® Optane™ memory compatibility.
- Comprehensive thermal design: Active heatsink with integrated VRM fan, PCIe-zone M.2 aluminum heatsink, and dual backplates.
- High-performance networking: Onboard Aquantia® 10Gbps LAN, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, and Intel Gigabit LAN with ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst V technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- SafeSlot technology: Firmly-anchored PCIe slots fortified with metal to support heavyweight graphics cards.
- Unmatched personalization: LiveDash OLED and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including two additional RGB headers and one addressable header.
- Industry-leading ROG audio: SupremeFX S1220 and ESS® SABRE9018Q2C for enthusiast-grade audio performance driven by Japanese capacitors.