Nvidia’s Pascal architecture is the successor to their Maxwell line. Since its launch in May of 2016, there have been 9 different models, ranging for the recently announced GT 1030, up to the two different Titans, the Titan X and Xp. However, no card was more talked about than the release of a possible 1080 Ti. This is due to the 980 Ti performing so close to the Maxwell Titan X, at a much lower cost, and the potential for the 1080 Ti to do the same as its 900-series counterpart. Well, the enthusiast community recently got its wish when Nvidia released the Founder’s Edition 1080 Ti. Typically, shortly after the reference card release, board partners release custom PCB’s and coolers.
After testing other cards with the Strix cooler from Asus, I was very excited when Asus announced the ROG Strix 1080 Ti. ROG Strix is the newest branding under the ROG name. A brand that launched in 2006, and has stood for innovation and quality that gamers and enthusiasts have grown to expect from any ROG branded products. We put the Strix 1080 Ti through our suite of both gaming and synthetic benchmarks. So, let’s see how well the Strix 1080 Ti from Asus did.
Asus’ take on the ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC Edition
ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive Asus technologies, including all-new MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer, and Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan. While Asus FanConnect II features 4-pin, hybrid-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal system cooling. Asus Aura Sync RGB LED synchronization enables a gaming system personalization and VR-friendly HDMI ports let gamers easily enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences. ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti also has GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.
- MaxContact plus Auto-Extreme manufacturing technology delivers 2X more GPU to heatsink contact for increased cooling efficiency with premium quality aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II components
- Patented wing-blade 0dB fans with FanConnect II maximizes cooling performance using three axial fans to deliver 105% more air pressure and dual 4-pin headers for referencing chassis fans to GPU temperatures.
- GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring Game Booster and a free 1-year premium license of XSplit Gamecaster
- Supports the latest DirectX™ 12 and GeForce gaming features while delivering a maximum resolution of 7680 x 4320 for the ultimate 5K gaming experience
- 5K Gaming and VR Ready with 2x HDMI 2.0, 2x DisplayPort 1.4, and 1x DVI port to simultaneously connect your VR headset and up to 4 monitors