Nvidia’s Turing powered RTX launch has been a bit different than previous generations. Previously, the flagship card of a new architecture has been the xx80 series card with the lower models coming shortly after, and then after a fairly significant period of time, the xx80Ti series would follow. We also often don’t see non-reference models of a given card come out until several months have passed, R&D does take time after all. With the mold broken, our very first non-reference card is already here, and it just happens to be a 2080Ti model. Without further ado, ASUS’s ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti OC Edition. ASUS’s flagship is already here and we’re going to see how it does.
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the ROG Strix GEFORCE RTX 2080Ti OC Edition over to check out!
ASUS’s Take on the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC Edition:
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
The ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080Ti teams up NVIDIA®’s A-list GPU with an elite cast of specialists, setting the stage for epic gaming action. Gargantuan power delivery provides the muscle to push overclocking boundaries while cooling that’s honed to perfection keeps the spotlight squarely on Turing™’s performance. And with an arsenal of utilities that allow you to customize and tweak this extreme hardware, you call the shots.
ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR6 with enthusiast-level technology for extreme 4K and VR gaming
NVIDIA TURING ™: ROG GeForce® RTX graphics cards are powered by the Turing ™ GPU architecture and the all-new RTX platform. This gives you up to 6X the performance of previous-generation graphics cards and brings the power of real-time ray tracing and AI to games.
- DirectX 12: Power new visual effects and rendering techniques for more lifelike gaming.
- 4K: Step up to the ultimate 4K gaming experience with GeForce RTX and enjoy today’s biggest games in amazing detail.
- Axial-tech Fans feature an all-around better design and IP5X dust resistance.
- 2.7-Slot Design expands cooling surface area by over 20% compared to last gen.
- MaxContact Technology allows 2X more contact with the GPU chip for improved thermal transfer.
- Auto-Extreme Technology uses automation to enhance reliability.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages to fuel Turing™’s cores.
GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking and thermal controls.