ROG – Republic of Gamers. Enthusiasts worldwide know that ROG is synonymous with performance. Asus has continued to push the envelope since the first ROG motherboard debuted some eleven years ago. Since then, some of the most innovative hardware has had the ROG name one it. The ROG series of motherboards has expanded into many lines including Maximus, Rampage, Crosshair, and Strix. It’s Strix line that we’ll be reviewing a motherboard from.
The ROG Strix Z270I Gaming is Asus’ ITX entry into Intel’s new Z270 chipset. Don’t let its small stature fool you, the ROG Strix Z270I Gaming has ture ROG linage and offers everything many have come to expect in an Asus ROG motherboard. There is support for both 6th and 7th Generation Intel Core processors. The two DDR4 memory slots memory that can handle up to 32GB and at speed all the way up to a staggering 4233Mhz. There’s dual Turbo M.2 connectivity with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s with support for Intel Optane technology. Four SATA ports offer even more storage options. There are USB 3.1 front panel connectors along with two USB 3.1 rear ports. The Intel i219V chip provides high quality network connectivity, which is supplemented with dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth V4.1.
Asus didn’t stop there with the ROG Strix Z270I Gaming though. 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 provides whole system optimization with a single click. 5X Protection III offers a SafeSlot Core fortified PCI-E slot, LANGuard LAN protection, overvoltage, stainless steel I/O, and and DIGI+ VRM: 8 Phase digital power design. Asus’ also added their own Aura Sync RGB lighting system with Lighting control, RGB strip header and lighting effects synchronization with other compatible Asus ROG products. On top of all that, a full software suite and robust overclocking features are also included. That’s quite a bit to get excited about and it’s all wrapped up in an ITX product.
Asus’ take on the ROG Strix Z270I Gaming
ROG Strix Z270 motherboards continue the proud legacy of the Pro Gaming series with acclaimed ROG innovations. ROG Strix Z270I Gaming motherboards combine a compact, mini-ITX form-factor with bold aesthetics, premier performance, and incredible audio to deliver gaming experiences with punch and unrivaled style. Support for the latest Intel processors and technologies, plus exclusive ROG innovations — such as the revolutionary double-decker heat sink — take performance to the next level to give you the edge against opponents. ROG Strix Z270I charges every movement of every game with thrilling energy and equips you with epic speed and agility. Join the Republic with ROG Strix Z270I Gaming and dominate your game!
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I GAMING LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 mini-ITX Motherboard with onboard AC Wifi and USB 3.1
- The successor to Pro Gaming motherboards
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Patent-Pending M.2 Double-Decker Heatsink shrouds the main M.2 slot and provides shared cooling for both the M.2 and PCH
- AURA Sync RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Maximize your connectivity and speed with front panel USB 3.1, onboard 802.11ac Wifi and Intel® Optane™ Memory compatibility
- Patent-pending SafeSlot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors