One trend in the PC world the last few years following the push for more efficient components is to make things smaller. We’ve seen an impressive lineup of ITX and MicroATX boards from nearly all of the vendors out there extending from entry level up through the High-End Desk-Top series. The problem with high powered systems is the need to cool them, no matter what size the board. Typically, if you want to go with a smaller system, you have to compromise on cooling and typically aesthetics as well or stay with a larger case which sort of defeats the point of moving to a smaller board, to begin with. Corsair has the solution with the new Crystal Series 280X cases. Designed to give a small ITX or MicroATX build full-sized cooling support in a small package while looking amazing.
Pro Clockers would like to thank Corsair for sending the Crystal 280X RGB over to check out!
Corsairs take on the Crystal 280X RGB:
The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X RGB is a high-performance Micro-ATX case with three beautiful tempered glass panels, two stunning LL120 RGB fans and an innovative dual-chamber internal layout for clean looks and cleaner builds. Outstanding cooling potential offers room for up to six cooling fans and multiple 240mm liquid cooling radiators, while the dual-chamber design lets you put your core hardware on display while tidying drives, cables, and the PSU away in a dedicated compartment. With 32 RGB LEDs controlled by CORSAIR iCUE software, it? s easy to match your setup, create amazing lighting effects or synchronize all your CORSAIR RGB lighting together. CORSAIR Crystal 280X RGB – Clearly Compact
· Massive Cooling, Small Case: Room for up to five 120mm cooling fans, or a 240/280mm radiator in the top, 240mm radiator in the front, and 240mm radiator in the bottom.
· Stunning RGB Lighting with CORSAIR iCUE Software Control: Two included CORSAIR LL120 RGB fans boast 32 individually customizable LEDs, controlled by CORSAIR iCUE software to deliver a symphony of color.
· Three Panel Tempered Glass: Three stunning tempered glass panels put your system on display like no other Micro-ATX case.
· Dual-Chamber Internal Layout: Highlight your PC’s core components whilst tidying cables, drives and the PSU into a dedicated rear chamber.
· Flexible Storage Space: Dedicated storage compartment for up to two 3.5” drives and three 2.5” drives keeps your system clean without sacrificing storage capacity.
· Fully Filtered: Front, roof, floor and PSU dust filters keep your system looking great long after your build is finished.
· Direct Airflow Path™ Cooling: Cool air is directed to the hottest components, without any interference from drive cages.