In 2019, content creation has never been so easy. This holds true for even the least knowledgeable when it comes to skills such as filming and editing. Thanks to sites such as YouTube and Facebook, anyone can upload anything be it home movies, independent journalism or cat videos. One of the key factors that sets good videos apart from the bad is obviously video quality. However, this goes beyond resolution and the f-stop of your lens. You can have beautiful 4k video, shot on a Zeiss cinema lens. But if your footage is shaky, no one will watch it.
In the not too recent past, the best way to get smooth footage was simply to attach your camera to a tripod and just pan the shot. Sure, Hollywood always had the best of the best when it came to filming gear. But as amateur filmmaker, you had few options beyond a shoulder rig or at best, a steady cam. However, both of these options have their drawbacks, mainly fatigue. As consumers or more prosumers, we demanded something better that wouldn’t break the bank and Gudsen listened.
From the makers of the original Moza Air comes the Moza Air 2. There are vast differences between the original Moza Air and the Moza Air 2. For this review, we put the Moza Air side by side with the Moza Air 2 to explore those differences between the two. So, is the Moza Air 2 is worth the price difference to the now older model, the Moza Air?
ProClockers would like to thank Gudsen for sending over the MOZA Air 2 Gimble for us to check out!
Gudsen’s take on the MOZA Air 2:
Designed for DSLR, mirrorless cameras and pocket cine cameras, the MOZA Air 2 gimbal lets filmmakers create smooth footages from a refreshing perspective.
- Max payload of 4.2kg(9lbs) with an only 1.6kg gimbal body
- Long battery life up to 16 hours
- iFocus system: wireless follow focus system
- Spark power supply system: gimbal can power the camera and other accessories
- Smart timelapse: track, motion time-lapse, zoom timelapse and more
- Memory quick release system: no trouble of frequent balancing anymore
- Smart wheel and OLED display: more intuitive operation experience
- Novel design: angled arm for an unobstructed view of the camera screen
- Considerate ecosystem: professional backpack, thumb controller and dual handle