When you think of M.2 drives, PCIe based NVMe models probably come to mind. Early M.2 drives and many lower-cost devices are still technically M.2 drives but based on SATA. While early SSD’s were not trusted to have a good lifespan, a great many are still around and working perfectly. What do you do with these devices now that not as many devices support them? Well thanks to ICY DOCK, you can give them a new life in any device that works with 2.5” SATA drives with the EZConvert MB703M2P-B M.2 SATA SSD to 2.5″ SATA SSD Adapter.
Pro Clockers would like to thank ICY DOCK for sending the MB703M2P-B adapter over for us to check out!
ICY DOCK’s take on the MB703M2P-B Adapter:
ICY DOCK’s EZConvert MB703M2P-B is a complete solution to convert any M.2 SATA SSD into the exact dimensions and port locations as a standard 2.5″ hard drive or SSD (9.5mm height). Designed for compatibility, it accepts all M.2 sizes from 30mm to 80mm in length, mounting them without screws or tools, and allows these drives to be installed anywhere that accepts a bare 2.5″ drive, such as a hot-swap bay, 2.5″ mounting bracket, or in any of ICY DOCK’s 2.5″ drive enclosures. MB703M2P-B protects the delicate circuit board of your M.2 SSDs from bumps and drops.
- Convert your M.2 SATA SSD to a 2.5″ SSD/HDD form factor, 9.5mm in height
- Exact same dimensions, port locations, and screw locations as a 2.5″ HDD or SSD (9.5mm height)
- Accepts any M.2 SATA SSD from 30mm to 80mm in length (2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280)
- Enables hot-swap functionality for any M.2 SATA SSD
- Supports full SATA III bandwidth specification of 6Gbps
- 100% tool-less and screw-less M.2 drive installation
- Can be installed into any 2.5″ backplane, hot-swap bay, or USB drive adapter.
- Sturdy ABS plastic construction
- Body and lid each use strong one-piece construction.
- Supports SATA data and power cables with locking latch designs
- Industry-leading 3-year warranty with exceptional customer support
- Complimentary technical support from trained US-based ICY DOCK support technicians