Features & Specifications
Intel Core i9-9900KS Processor Key Features:
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0: Dynamically increases the processor frequency up to 5.0GHz when applications demand more performance. Speed when you need it, energy efficiency when you don’t.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology: Allows each processor core to work on two tasks at the same time for up to 16 total independent tasks (threads) providing parallel processing capability for better multi-tasking with threaded applications.
- Intel Smart Cache: 16MB of shared cache allows faster access to your data by enabling dynamic and efficient allocation of the cache to match the needs of each core, which can help significantly reduce latency to frequently used data and improving performance.
- CPU Overclocking Enabled (with Intel Z390 chipsets): Fully unlocked core multiplier, base clock, and memory ratios as well as options to modify power settings and per-core overclocking enable ultimate flexibility for overclocking.
- Graphics Overclocking Enabled (with Intel® Z390 chipsets): Unlocked graphics multiplier allows for overclocking to boost the graphics clock speed.
- Integrated Memory Controller: Supports 2 channels of DDR4-2666 memory with 2 DIMMs per channel. Support for memory based on the Intel Extreme Memory Profile (Intel XMP) specification.
- PCI Express 3.0 Interface: Supports up to 8 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 16 lanes configurable as 1×16, 2×8, or 1×8 and 2×4 depending on the motherboard design.
- Chipset/Motherboard Compatibility: Compatible with all Intel® 300 Series chipsets with the latest BIOS and drivers.
- Intel UHD Graphics 630: Integrated 3D performance with support for Microsoft DirectX 12 and Ultra HD 4K resolution display for immersive mainstream gaming. For Microsoft DirectX 12 testing, the performance-tuned Intel graphics driver is expected to be available for download on Intel Download Center by the 9th generation Intel Core processor family product introduction. The Intel UHD Graphics 630 dynamic graphics frequency ranges up to 1200MHz.
- Vibrant Media: Enhanced, built-in visual features deliver a seamless visual PC experience for rich Ultra HD 4K entertainment and HD gaming.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology: Media processing for incredibly fast conversion of video files for portable media players or online sharing including support for HEVC 10-bit (H.265) encode/decode to playback premium 4K Ultra HD content from selected service providers.
- Product Collection – 9th Generation Intel Core i9 Processors
- Code Name – Products formerly Coffee Lake
- Vertical Segment – Desktop
- Processor Number – i9-9900KS
- Status – Launched
- Launch Date – Q4’19
- Lithography – 14 nm
- Use Conditions – PC/Client/Tablet
- # of Cores – 8
- # of Threads – 16
- Processor Base Frequency – 4.0 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency – 5.00 GHz
- Cache – 16 MB SmartCache
- Bus Speed – 8 GT/s DMI3
- TDP – 127W
- Embedded Options Available – No
- Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) – 64 GB
- Memory Types – DDR4-2666
- Max # of Memory Channels – 2
- Max Memory Bandwidth – 1.6 GB/s
- ECC Memory Supported – No
- Processor Graphics – Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Graphics Base Frequency – 350 MHz
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency – 1.20 GHz
- Graphics Video Max Memory – 64 GB
- 4K Support – Yes, at 60Hz
- Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4) – 4096×[email protected]
- Max Resolution (DP) – 4096×[email protected]
- Max Resolution (eDP – Integrated Flat Panel) – 4096×[email protected]
- DirectX Support – 12
- OpenGL Support – 4.5
- Intel Quick Sync Video – Yes
- Intel InTru 3D Technology – Yes
- Intel Clear Video HD Technology – Yes
- Intel Clear Video Technology – Yes
- # of Displays Supported – 3
- Device ID – 0x3E98
- Scalability – 1S Only
- PCI Express Revision – 3.0
- PCI Express Configurations – Up to 1×16, 2×8, 1×8+2×4
- Max # of PCI Express Lanes – 16
- Sockets Supported – FCLGA1151
- Max CPU Configuration – 1
- Thermal Solution Specification – PCG 2015D (130W)
- TJUNCTION – 100°C
- Package Size – 37.5mm x 37.5mm
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported – Yes
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology – 2.0
- Intel® vPro™ Platform Eligibility – Yes
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology – Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) – Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) – Yes
- Intel® TSX-NI – Yes
- Intel® 64 – Yes
- Instruction Set – 64-bit
- Instruction Set Extensions – Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2
- Idle States – Yes
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology – Yes
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies – Yes
- Intel Identity Protection Technology – Yes
- Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) – Yes
Security & Reliability
- Intel® AES New Instructions – Yes
- Secure Key – Yes
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) – Yes
- Intel® Memory Protection Extensions (Intel MPX) – Yes
- Intel OS Guard – Yes
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology – Yes
- Execute Disable Bit – Yes
- Intel Boot Guard – Yes