Introduction to Lexar’s NM610 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 500GB SSD
As our digital file collections grow larger over time, so do the sizes of the files we store in those collections. Take for example, a typical DSLR image from just 10-years ago. A JPG straight out of the camera would typically average somewhere between 4-6MB. Today, my modern Canon DSLRs average JPG sizes somewhere around 16-26MB. Likewise, video files, audio files, and program files have all grown larger in size by order of magnitude or more, and this means that your old, worn-out 256GB SATA 3 SSD might not cut it anymore in terms of storing all of your important data.
I recently reached out to a few SSD manufacturers and asked them to send over an example of their popular M.2 SSD’s, and a few weeks later, a package arrived with a Lexar NM610 500GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe SSD, and that drive is the focus of today’s review.
From The Manufacturer: Lexar’s NM610 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 500GB SSD
Designed to elevate your PC experience with faster load times and transfer speeds from boot-up to shut down, the Lexar NM610 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe SSD will put you in the computing fast lane with speeds up 2100MB/s read and 1600MB/ write. The NM610 is supported by the PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.3 technology standard and built with 3D NAND flash for higher capacity and more efficiency without unnecessary slowdowns. With outstanding endurance thanks to no moving parts, it’s cooler, quieter, and more reliable than a traditional hard disk drive; plus it’s also shock and vibration resistant.
Move beyond the pace of SATA SSD’s with an upgrade to the Lexar NM610 and get 3.5x the SATA-based SSD speed. With PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.3 standard, and speeds up to 2100MB/s read and 1600MB/s write, you will feel the improved performance from boot ups, software load times, and transfers, giving you maximum efficiency without the constant slowdowns. The NM610 is built with 3D NAND flash inside.
With sequential read speeds of up to 2100MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 1600MB/s, you’ll enjoy better all-around performance for your PC. That’s faster boot-ups, data transfers, and application load times compared to a SATA SSD.
- High-speed PCIe Gen3x4 interface: 2100MB/s read and 1600MB/s write
- 1 –NVMe 1.3 supported
- M.2 2280 form factor
- Get 3.5x the speed of a SATA-based SSD
- 3D NAND
- Features LDPC (Low-Density Parity Check)
- Shock and vibration resistant with no moving parts
- Three-year limited warranty
- Capacities Available: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe Gen3x4
- Speed: 250GB sequential read up to 2000MB/s read, sequential write up to 1200MB/s1 IOPS: up to 110/151K
- 500GB sequential read up to 2100MB/s read, sequential write up to1600MB/s1
IOPS: up to 188/156K
- 1TB sequential read up to 2100MB/s read, sequential write up to1600MB/s1
IOPS: up to 188/156K
- Operating Temperature: 0° C to 70° C (32°F to 158°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40° C to 85° C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Shock Resistant: 1500G, duration 0.5ms, Half Sine Wave
- Vibration Resistant: 10~2000Hz, 1.5mm, 20G, 1 Oct/min, 30min/axis(X,Y,Z)
- MTBF: 1,500,000 Hours
- Dimension (L x W x H): 80 mm x 22 mm x 2.25 mm / 3.15” x 0.87” x 0.09”
- Weight: 9g