MSI’s RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio was one of our favorite graphics cards last year for its class-leading performance and stunning good looks, and it’s back again this year with a ‘Super’ upgrade under the hood. Nvidia’s updated RTX Super series cards feature faster memory, faster clocks, and more of all of those cores, CUDA, Tensor and even RT cores for unbeatable performance in the latest games. Do faster memory, more cores, and faster clock speeds really make the perfect Gaming X Trio? Let’s find out!
ProClockers would like to thank MSI for sending over the monster GAMING X TRIO to check out!
MSI’s Take on the GAMING X TRIO:
THE RETURN OF THE BEAST
The GeForce RTX 20 Series GAMING TRIO is the return of MSI’s beastly three-fan graphics card. Only reserved for the most powerful of GPU’s, the TRIO Series features a mix of black and gunmetal grey with elegant shapes and a classy brushed metal backplate that matches the front. This looks great with the gorgeous RGB effects found on the front and the side of the card, which can be controlled using MSI’s Mystic Light software and made to synchronize with other RGB components.
- Boost Clock / Memory Speed
- 1845 MHz / 15.5 Gbps
- 8GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.0b x 1 / Type-C x1
TORX FAN 3.0: Supremely silent
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
TRI-FROZR Thermal Design
- Using three of the award-winning TORX Fans 3.0 with Double Ball Bearings.
- Using groundbreaking aerodynamic techniques, the heatsink is optimized for efficient heat dissipation.
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.
- A consolidated platform that offers all software including MYSTIC LIGHT functionality for your MSI Gaming product.