Behind screen lighting, or ‘Bias Lighting’ has long been medically proven to reduce eye strain and to help perceive colors more accurately when using pure white lighting. Highly adept ‘makers’ have taken this a step further and used the at-home programmability of hobby microcontrollers like Arduino and Raspberry Pi to control RGB strips. When combined with some open source software, this let a very small and skilled niche of users could extend their screen in essence to the wall behind the screen. While this made for a very cool and beneficial effect, the skillset required to implement this put it out of reach of most users. NZXT is here to save the day with the HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit. This kit lets any user install and operate an ambient lighting system with almost no skill or effort required. The HUE 2 Ambient lighting kit seamlessly integrates into NZXT’s CAM software and can match your monitor lighting to the rest of your system just as easily as it can extend your screen. Let’s check it out!
ProClockers would like to thank NZXT for sending the HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit over for us to test out.
NZXT’s take on the HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit:
The HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit uses your walls to visually immerse you in your favorite games or create the perfect mood with ambient RGB lighting from the back of your monitor. Everything you need to easily install and control RGB lighting for your monitor is included. Using CAM’s intuitive interface, you’ll choose from dozens of presets or custom lighting options, and even synchronize your RGB effects across other HUE 2 accessories.
- Stronger Adhesive: Upgraded the 3M LED strip adhesive backing tape to be thicker and stickier.
- L-Shape Corner Connector: For easier setup and better aesthetics
- Wet & Dry Wipes: For cleaning the rear side of the monitor before adhering the LED strips.
- Specially designed kit for RGB illumination from the back of your monitor
- Easy installation using the included accessories
- Seamless control using CAM’s RGB lighting dashboard for perfect synchronization across your other HUE 2 accessories