Packaging and contents
As you can imagine, the Sentry II comes in a small box that does not leave a lot of room for their normally graphic intensive packaging. You see a photo of Sentry II with specs.
I was surprised on opening the box with the packaging they used. It was actually well protected with excellent wrapping and foam on the sides. I did not expect this level of protection for such a small inexpensive product, I was impressed. I know, I know “it’s just packaging”, but this speaks of the quality and thought that NZXT places into their products.
The instructions that came with the controller were not the best I have ever seen. Actually, they were not all that helpful. One set provides you with a quick guide that shows you your key touch spots and gives a one-line user guide. A little more in-depth guide would be useful. Your other guide is the installation instructions, short and sweet is the key here. A quick note, even listed in the instructions, if you plan on using your fan controller to control your CPU fan they sell an adapter that allows you to still remain plugged in for motherboard monitoring (key safety feature) and plug in to the fan controller.
You get mounting screws, tape for your temperature probes and two extra temperature probes.
Specifications and Features
- Touch screen interface
- Five fan control through an intuitive interface
- Ultra fast selection and response time
- Display temperatures in both F and C
- Light switch turns off the meter when sleeping
- Automatic and manual modes of control
- Full compatibility with all types of fans using voltage control
- With 10 Watts per channel, the Sentry 2 will support almost all high end fans
- Tuned accuracy with only a tolerance of one degree
- Sound alarm to alert when the temperature is over
- Stored settings, the Sentry keeps your settings even after power off