Introducing Silicon Power’s Superior Pro 512GB UHS-1 microSDXC Card
It’s week number six of my 2020 SD Card review series, and this time we’re switching manufacturers and taking a look at a high-capacity UHS-I full-sized SD card from Silicon Power, the 512GB Superior Pro mSDXC UHS-I.
Silicon Power released the Superior Pro line of Class 10 UHS-I V30 SD Cards in late 2019 targeting the prosumer / professional photography and videography markets. The Superior Pro line of SDXC cards is ideal for video and burst-mode photography on a DSLR, or with 4K action cameras and drones, and with capacities up to 256GB, these cards make great mobile device storage upgrades.
From The Manufacturer: The Superior Pro 512GB UHS-1 microSDXC Card
“Looking to record outdoor adventures, weekend trips, or sporting events without missing any action? With UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30), the Superior Pro microSDXC UHS-I card allows you to capture uninterrupted 4K Ultra HD videos. Furthermore, read and write speeds up to 100 and 80 MB/s, respectively, ensure that you’re spending more time recording and less time waiting.
With an A1 rating, the Superior Pro microSDXC UHS-I card is optimized for app performance. A minimum random read of 1,500 IOPS and random write of 500 IOPS equate to faster launches and enhanced operation. This translates to an overall superior user experience on your Android-based smartphone, tablet, and other app-running mobile devices. It also saves internal storage space on your device.
Fill in the blank: digital camera, smartphone, drone, portable game console, tablet, etc. The Superior Pro microSDXC UHS-I card comes with up to 512GB storage capacity – that’s up to 77,300 songs, 150,300 photos, or 24 hours of 4K Ultra HD video. It’s the superior choice to upgrade your mobile device to the speed of life so you can capture those moments at the speed of life, too.”
- Class: C10,UHS-I U3, A1, V30
- Capacity: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Dimensions: 15.0mm x 11.0mm x 1.0mm
- Performance: Read(max.)100MB/s
- Performance: Write(max.)80MB/s
- Durability: 10,000 insertions (minimum)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C – 70°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C – 85°C
- Humidity Limits: 8% – 95%
- Operation Voltage: 2.7V – 3.6V
- Warranty: 5 years
- Meets the UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and the UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) standards for 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Specifically designed for high-speed capture of high-quality images and extended lengths of Full-HD and 4K Ultra HD video with high-speed continuous shooting.
- Meets the new A1 standards for app performance, delivering minimum random read of 1,500 IOPS and random write of 500 IOPS, as well as sustained sequential speeds of at least 30 MB/s
Read and write speeds up to 100 and 80 MB/s respectively.
- Up to 512GB storage capacity so you can get more out of your mobile devices.
- Fit for apps, photos, videos, music, and games to meet all the needs of digital life on your smartphone, tablet, digital camera, video recorder, and more.
- Waterproof, dustproof, temperature-proof, and X-ray-proof for use in extreme environments.
- Equipped with an automatic error correction code (ECC) function
Testing Methodology on Silicon Power Superior Pro 512GB UHS-1 microSDXC Card
All testing was completed using the following hardware:
- Dell G7 7588 Gaming Laptop
- Intel Core i7 8750H
- SK Hynix 16GB (2x8GB) 2666Mhz DDR4
- Nvidia GeForce 1060 Max-Q
- Windows 10
- USB Port 1 (USB 3.1) used for Testing
Kingston USB 3.0 High-Speed Card Reader
Kingston’s USB 3.0 High-Speed Media Reader reads all major card format types and supports UHS-I and UHS-II SD card speeds, making it ideal for photographers, videographers, design studios and printing houses. This versatile reader lets you easily transfer photos, videos, music and other data between your favorite cards and your PC. Features USB 3.0 high-speed performance with up to 5.0Gb/s data transfer speed, up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
All storage media is fully formatted using Window’s built-in formatting tools and verified to be empty before each benchmark is run. We only run benchmarks once unless the returned results appear to be erroneous, at which time we reformat the storage media, and rerun the benchmark.
Crystal Disk Mark (CDM) – An open-source disk drive benchmark tool for Microsoft Windows. Based on Microsoft’s MIT-licensed Diskspd tool, this graphical benchmark is commonly used for testing the performance of solid-state storage. It works by reading and writing through the filesystem in a volume-dependent way.
Anvil Storage Utilities (ASU) – Anvils Storage Utilities is a freeware SSD benchmarking application: Endurance and benchmark testing tool for analyzing the performance of both solid-state and traditional hard disk drives. ASU test throughput as well as IOPS and Disk Access Times. It features a preset SSD benchmark and is also capable of performing endurance testing and threaded I/O read, write, and mixed tests.
ATTO Disk Benchmark (ATTO) – Is a robust hard disk and solid-state storage benchmarking tool. Several options are available to customize your performance measurement including queue depth, overlapped I/O, and even a comparison mode with the option to run continuously. ATTO Disk Benchmark can be used to test any RAID controller, storage controllers, host adapters, hard drives, and SSD drives, or another solid-state storage medium that interfaces as a drive in your system.