The headset comes in a large black box with a windowed view of the headset.
Around back there is picture of the headset, as well pointers showing the key details of the headset. There is also a listing of the headset’s specifications.
One side of the box also lists some features as well.
An inner plastic insert slides out of the packaging’s box. The headset cradled by this insert. A quick installation guide is the only other thing that is included.
- RICH STEREO SOUND – with 2x50mm ultra-clear speakers
- ROBUST ENGINEERING – ultra-durable for hardcore playability
- STREAMLINED IN-CABLE REMOTE – for total audio control at your fingertips
- NOISE-CANCELING MIC – rotatable and detachable
- SUPREME COMFORT – high-comfort, low-weight design
- KILLER DESIGN – ROCCAT™ blue motif and cable
- Frequency response: 20~20.000Hz
- Max. SPL at 1kHz: 115±2dB
- Max. input power: 400mW
- Drive diameter front: 50mm
- Driver unit material: Neodymium magnet
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Weight (headset only): 305gr
- Cable length: 2.5m
- Frequency response: 10~10.000Hz
- Driver diameter: 4×1.5mm
- Sensitivity at 1kHz: -32±2dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: @1kHz: 50dB
- Impedance: 2.2 kΩ
- Directivity: omni-directional
- Stereo sound card for playback
- 1 x 3.5mm jack (sound)
- 1 x 3.5mm jack (mic)
- ROCCAT™ Kave XTD Stereo
- Quick-Installation Guide
Now out of its protective plastic insert, we see the headset. There are a few protective plastic coverings to keep the headset scuff free.
The Roccat name logo is predominantly displayed on on the left earcup. The microphone folds up when not in use. A Velcro band can be uses to secure the micr4ophone during transport.
The Roccat name is predominantly displayed on the top of the headband.
From the side we see the microphone in it’s down position.
The headset is quite a robust looking design. The headband features a cloth covered foam pad.
The Roccat cat logo is predominantly displayed on on the right earcup.
The earcup pads are cloth covered foam, which are not removable for cleaning. The earcups also pivot to allow for better fit.
The connectors are pretty standard fare. A volume control wheel and microphone mute switch are located in-line on the cable.