The SilverStone EB01-E DAC
For audiophiles with good sound system and sizable digital music collections, the need for a device that can reproduce genuine sound is critical. After a short and successful launch of its first audio product, the Ensemble EB01 in 2006, SilverStone is back with another USB DAC that is better in every way. To fully satisfy computer users with affinity for higher quality sounds, the EB01-E is equipped with the ability to resolve signal rates of up to 24bit/192 kHz thanks to its inclusion of TI’s PCM1798 DAC chipset. Complementing it are XMOS XS1 TQ128 USB decoder, which supports asynchronous throughput for accurate sound reproduction and TI’s NE5532 OP amp for connection to a power amplifier via integrated RCA output. With three methods of digital inputs via USB, Toslink optical, or RCA coaxial connection, the EB01-E is an excellent device for not only computer audiophiles, but also audiophiles with standalone CD players or other digital audio sources.
- High quality DAC with improved performance
- Classic SilverStone Ensemble exterior design
- Easy one touch button for USB, optical or coaxial input
- Supports highest format of up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Utilizes premium XMOS XS1 TQ128 USB decoder for accurate sound reproduction
- Includes TI PCM1798 D/A converter for producing high quality analog signal
- Includes TI NE5532 OP amp for optimal analog output
Packaging and Content
The Silverstone EB01-E DAC comes in a colored box featuring images of the DAC and details about the product.
Inside, you’ll find the EB01-E DAC along with its accessories tucked in foam padding.
Here’s the Silverstone EB01-E DAC along with a USB connector, a female stereo jack to male RCA, a driver CD and manual.
Let’s take a closer look at the EB01-E on the next page.