Introduction to the Techware Phantom L Low Profile Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The keyboard is arguably the most important input device on any PC, and if you spend any amount of time at a PC, you know that selecting a proper keyboard is paramount to your comfort and productivity as well as the health of your fingers and hands. Like most gamers, I made the switch to mechanical keyboards when they began hitting the mainstream about a decade ago and have never looked back. So, naturally, when Techware asked me to take a look at their Phantom L low-profile mechanical gaming keyboard, I quickly agreed.
Techware’s Phantom L mechanical gaming keyboard is only offered in the standard 87-key TKL configuration and is designed for those looking to save some desktop space, or who might be looking for an entry-level mechanical gaming keyboard that won’t break the bank. The Phantom L features 18 pre-set lighting modes as well as per-key RGB lighting customization via Techware’s free software. The keyboard utilizes Outemu switches in a choice of red, brown, or blue which are rated to 50-million actuations, but don’t worry if a key does fail, because the Phantom L’s keys are “hot-swappable,” and Techware includes four replacements with every keyboard. More on that later.
From The Manufacturer
Phantom L is Techware’s first low-profile mechanical keyboard. This keyboard comes with Outemu Low Profile Mechanical switches (Red, Brown, Blue) that have reduced travel and actuation distances for faster key presses and less strain on the fingers. Keycaps are shorter but retain the contoured profile for a comfortable typing experience.
Technical Specifications of the Phantom L Low Profile Mechanical Keyboard
- Key Configuration: 87-Key / Tenkeyless
- Key Layout: Standard US ANSI /QWERTY Keyboard Layout
- Switches: Low-Profile Outemu Dustproof Mechanical Switches (Red, Blue, Brown)
- RGB Resolution: 16.8 million-color RGB Per-key Customization
- Switch Mounting: Hot Swappable Switches w/ Spare Switches & Tools Included
- Key Type: Non-Fade Double-shot ABS Keycaps, Shorter than Regular
- Software Support: Dedicated Software for Macro Recording & Custom Profiling
- Connectivity: 1.8m Detachable Braided USB-C Cable
- Performance Features: N-key Rollover, 1000Hz Polling Rate
- Footprint Size: 351.5x133x30.8mm
- Weight: 589g