Small form factor builds have certain advantages that make them ideal for particular purposes such as home theater PC builds, LAN party purposes and other situations wherein a smaller computer is ideal. While limitations in building SFF using a mini-ITX chassis are more compared to larger cases, some brands are making an effort to reduce these limitations and try to fit larger hardware into a SSF build. One of those brands is Xigmatek and they recently released addition to their mini-ITX line of cases along with the Nebula, the Eris mini-ITX chassis which we will be reviewing today. If you are planning to build a SFF PC soon, check out the Xigmatek Eris and you might just find the case you need.
Xigmatek’s Take on the Eris Chassis
At Xigmatek, we believe in innovation; to bring to you ever changing designs and concepts to advance you further into the future.
By creating innovative chassis with different sizes, shapes and functions we allow you to find the perfect choice for you and your home décor whether you want to have a stylish elegant look for your home theatre system, a futuristic design for your gaming station or a compact space-saving construct to fit comfortably into your study area.
With space becoming more and more a growing factor when planning out a room’s décor, the popularity of Mini-ITX systems has been on the rise. The new Eris Mini-ITX has a smart functional look with a compact design smaller than your average mini-tower giving you more options of room configuration.
The Eris is designed with innovative free flow ventilation and interior layout making it perfect for those who want a powerful computer system without having to sacrifice considerable amounts of space.
For the newest in compact Mini-ITX chassis innovation, the new Xigmatek Eris is without a doubt the ideal choice.
- Includes pre-installed silent 80mm high-efficiency liquid FCB (Fluid Circulative Bearing) fan.
- I/ O panel includes 2 x Super-Speed USB 3.0, HD Audio In/Out jacks.
- Capable of mounting Mini-ITX motherboard.
- Innovative 1 x 5.25’’ or 3.5’’ or 2.5’’ + 1 x 3.5’’ drive bays.
- Supports standard ATX size power supply.
- Innovative silent free flow air design and highly ventilated for optimal thermal reduction.
- Supports up to 300mm game graphics.
- Prestige, brushed aluminum style front panel
- 120mm water cooler support with innovative 240mm water cooler option with removal of optical disc drive.
- Removable, tool-free, thumb-screw, top and side panels for convenient mounting of components.
- Top and bottom dust filter
For more details, check you the Xigmatek website at www.xigmatek.com. Let’s check out the packaging and unbox the chassis on the next page.