While many PC enthusiasts swear only by water-cooling, many prefer the simplicity and safety of a quality air cooler. Much of the time, this presents a bit of a dilemma, you can either go with a smaller air cooler that isn’t as effective as you want, or you can go with a larger air cooler and have to figure out how to fit it in your system. You may even run into the cooler encroaching on the space of other components like memory modules, forcing you to leave a slot or two open for cooler clearance. Be Quiet! saves you that choice with the new Dark Rock Slim. Featuring a minuscule footprint that will not block memory slots, a 120mm Silent Wings 3 fan for silent operation, and an enthusiast level 180W TDP for serious cooling, the Dark Rock Slim is ready to take on any high-end build.
ProClockers would like to thank Be Quiet! for sending the Dark Rock Slim cooler over to us to try out!
Be Quiet’s Take on the Dark Rock Slim cooler
The Dark Rock Slim offers an exceptionally high cooling performance of 180W TDP and virtually inaudible operation. Perfect for high-end builds with limited space.
- Compact construction does not block memory slots
- Virtually inaudible Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM fan
- Achieves only 23.6dB(A) at maximum fan speed
- Four high-performance copper heat pipes
- Airflow-optimized, wave-contoured cooling fins
- Special black coating with ceramic particles enables perfect heat transfer
- Supports an additional 120mm fan; fan clips are included
- Easily installable black installation kit can be mounted from above
- Brushed aluminum top cover with a diamond cut finish