Features & Specifications
34 Individually Addressable RGB LEDs
- Four lighting zones – inner and outer loops on both the front and back – with a total of 34 individually addressable RGB LEDs per fan radiate spellbinding colors and effects on either side.
- Like most CORSAIR RGB fans, QL RGB has truly individually addressable RGB LEDs. This allows a user to select any number and grouping of LEDs on the fan and set them to any animation or static color through iCUE software.
- Front: outer ring – 12x LEDs | inner ring (hub) – 4x LEDs
- Rear: outer ring – 12x LEDs | inner ring (hub) – 6x LEDs
iCUE Lighting Node CORE (included in QL RGB multi-fan kits)
- Control RGB lighting via CORSAIR iCUE software with this incredibly compact RGB Lighting Controller, cutting down cable clutter with simple USB 2.0 and SATA connections.
- The Lighting Node CORE combines the functions of a CORSAIR iCUE Lighting Node PRO and RGB LED fan hub into one device; it can control the RGB lighting of up to six (6) of the same CORSAIR RGB fan. Unlike the Lighting Node PRO, the Lighting Node CORE does not have a connector for CORSAIR RGB LED strips.
- The Lighting Node CORE is included in select CORSAIR multi-fan kits such as QL RGB, and with smart cases such as the CORSAIR 220T and 465X. Replacement units of Lighting Node CORE can only be purchased through corsair.com.
- iCUE RGB Lighting controller line-up and comparison:
- Connection diagram:
- The fans must be connected to the Lighting Node CORE in series (1-6). It is suggested to mount fan 1 as the bottom fan as seen in the image below.
Intelligent Control, Unlimited Possibilities
- Create dazzling lighting patterns and effects with powerful CORSAIR iCUE software, bringing your system to life with dynamic RGB lighting synchronized across all your iCUE compatible products.
- Please be sure to try out the different lighting animation types: per fan and per channel.
- Per Fan effects such as Marquee or Rotary Stack display an animation within a fan and does not “interact” with other fans within the same channel
- Per Channel effect such as Sequential, Pong, or Gate display animation that utilizes all the LEDs in the same channel; the animation moves from one fan to another in the same series.
- Integrated lighting with select iCUE-integrated games will also be supported soon.
- QL RGB fans are compatible with all CORSAIR RGB lighting controllers (Lighting Node CORE [included in QL RGB multi-fan kits], Lighting Node PRO, and Commander PRO). QL RGB fans will officially be supported by iCUE v3.22.
Fan Scaling (Applies only when using iCUE Lighting Node PRO)
- With the number of LEDs in our new QL RGB fans, we are pushing the capabilities of our Lighting Node PRO. Therefore, to allow a user to install QL RGB fans along with another type of CORSAIR RGB fan into the second lighting channel of a Lighting Node PRO, we’re introducing fan scaling.
- Fan scaling determines the amount of RGB fans that can be controlled on one channel depending on the fan type selected for the other LED channel on the Lighting Node PRO.
- For example, if you select QL RGB fans and set to six (6) fans, the other lighting channel will be disabled. If you were to set six (6) ML PRO RGB fans, iCUE will automatically list five (5) max QL RGB fans for the other channel. If you set six (6) LL RGB fans, iCUE will list three (3) max QL RGB fans on the other channel.
A Lasting Impression
- Built with front and back-facing metal CORSAIR logos on the fan hub.
- We’re doing something different this time around with our QL RGB fan hubs. Previously, we used label stickers to display our logo and pertinent fan information on the fan hubs. QL RGB’s front and rear fan hubs are adorned with machined aluminum CORSAIR sails logos. This not only accentuates the elegant design of the QL RGB fan but also reinforces the fact that the QL RGB looks spectacular from any angle.
- Fan info is printed on a label that is wrapped around the fan cable.