Packaging, Specifications, and a Closer Look
The Kingston HyperX Savage is packaged in a simple plastic tray with a clear lid. The memory is partially visible visible. There is also a label denoting which modules are included in the package.
The modules sit in grooved slots in the tray. The packaging is reusable.
- Low latency for exceptional DDR4 performance — An unbeatable combination of fast speeds and aggressive timings to complement Intel’s 2, 4, 6 or 8 core processors, HyperX Savage DDR4 offers speeds up to 3000MHz and latencies of CL12–CL15.
- Optimized for Intel’s Z170 and X99 chipsets — Built-in Intel XMP profiles allow users to easily overclock their platforms by simply selecting a profile, with no need for manual timing adjustments in BIOS. HyperX Savage DDR4 is available in single modules and in kits of 2, 4 and 8, with capacities up to 64GB.
- Lower power consumption compared to DDR3 — HyperX Savage DDR4’s lower power requirement means less heat and higher reliability. At a low 1.2V or 1.35V, Savage DDR4 takes full advantage of the power efficiency brought by DDR4.
- Die-cast aluminum heat spreader — The high-quality die-cast aluminum heat spreader features an asymmetrical design and diamond cut finish. It provides enhanced thermal dissipation for improved reliability, and its low profile fits well under oversized coolers.
- Capacities 4GB–8GB (single), 8GB–64GB (kits)
- Frequency (speed) 2133MHz, 2400MHz, 2666MHz, 2800MHz and 3000MHz
- CAS Latency CL12–CL15
- Voltage 1.2V or 1.35V
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature -55°C to 100°C
- Dimensions 133.35mm x 32.8mm
- Compatible with X99, Z170, H170, B150
A Closer Look
The HyperX Savage white RAM feature a smooth semi-gloss black finish, with machined accents and white printing. The entire HyperX Savage series also feature black PCB's.
The more modern cosmetics of the HyperX Savage are quite evident. At 32.8mm high, the asymmetrical heatsinks should be able to clear most aftermarket coolers.
Kingston attaches a label to each memory module that contains the specific information regarding that exact module, with the exception of the timing values.
The HyperX Savage comes with an extensive Warranty and Installation Guide, plus a HyperX decal.
On to Testing.