ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme AM4 X370 Motherboard Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 8:00am
ASUS’s Crosshair family of products started with AMD’s Athlon 64 processors more than a decade ago and helped kick off the Republic of Gamers brand that is so well known today. With that sort of legacy, it’s no wonder ASUS brings it to the Ryzen family in a big way with the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme. Featuring the new AM4 socket and X370 chipset with support for Ryzen processors, Athlon CPU’s and upcoming 7th generation A-series accelerated processing units (APUs), ASUS delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities and the latest connectivity and technology to a gaming PC near you.
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the Crosshair VI Extreme over to check out!
ASUS’s Take on the CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME:
For more than a decade, Republic of Gamers has delivered exemplary design and performance to thrill the world's best players and PC enthusiasts. Our journey is a road without end. Now, it's time for competitors to be warned and for gamers and enthusiasts to push the limits — the packed and pumped ROG Crosshair VI Extreme is ready to defeat all challengers!
ROG engineers devote a lot of time to figuring out how to get the most out of each platform. You don’t need experience with extreme cooling to push the limits of your hardware, though. The Crosshair VI Extreme’s intelligent auto-tuner lets beginners overclock with a single click. This highly configurable tool accounts for the unique characteristics of each system’s hardware and cooling, making it valuable for even seasoned veterans who do most of their tweaking by hand.
Performance and overclocking are inextricably tied to cooling, so we’re constantly looking for ways to improve thermal management. For a high-end board like the Extreme, that means supplying everything needed for sophisticated liquid loops, starting with a special header for monitoring monoblock temperatures, flow rates, and leak detection circuits. We’ve already partnered with the experts at Bitspower to produce a monoblock made specifically for the Extreme that will be sold separately from the motherboard.
All of the cooling is managed by our widely vaunted UEFI and FanXpert 4 software, a continuously evolving suite that provides comprehensive control through intuitive interfaces. Add extensive fine-tuning options and sensor grouping, and you’ve got everything required to build a rig that’s whisper quiet at idle and only as loud as required by the situation.
- Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ AM4 and 7th generation Athlon™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual NVMe M.2, onboard 802.11AC WIFI, front panel USB 3.1 and gigabit LAN
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 provides automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while AIO and watercooling headers deliver dynamic system cooling
- Dual patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, including two additional RGB headers and one addressable header
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220 driven by Japanese capacitors