With the recent launch of the 2nd generation AMD Ryzen CPU’s, it’s to be expected motherboards would get a revamp as well. Besides the new chipset, the beloved Crosshair Hero has undergone some significant tweaking, some aesthetic and functional, and some less obvious but very important. A pre-mounted I/O shield will be welcome and readily apparent, but an updated and highly optimized 10+2 phase VRM provides a cooler run and more powerful delivery system where it matters. With great updates where the rubber meets the road on usability and performance, coupled with AMD’s latest Ryzen processors, is there a reason to look any further than the Crosshair VII Hero? We’ll find out!
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the Crosshair VII Hero over to check out!
ASUS’s Take on the ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi):
THE HERO EVERYONE WANTS
Revel in ROG's enthusiast roots with ROG Crosshair VII Hero — the X470 gaming motherboard that conceals potent power, smarter cooling, and faster memory support under a stealthy new skin. Loaded with renowned ROG features, with one-click overclocking and cooling to attention-grabbing Aura Sync illumination, it's the perfect foundation for your AMD Ryzen™ rig.
- Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ 2 AM4 and 7th generation Athlon™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2 and gigabit LAN
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 provides automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance with external clock generator
- Aura Sync RGB lighting with two addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of Aura Sync enabled products
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220 driven by Japanese capacitors