ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Z370 Motherboard
Posted by Damon Bailey on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 8:00am
About a year ago ASUS introduced a new angle on the popular ROG Maximus line targeted squarely at the extreme overclocking crowd. With features unheard of to dates such as layout optimized memory with only a single stick per channel, a non-square X-shaped PCB, and condensation detection built right into the mix. It was one of the best boards they released in their Z270 lineup. Now, with the release of the Z370 Apex, what improvements can they make?
Pro Clockers would like to thank ASUS for sending over the ROG Maximus X Apex for us to check out!
ASUS’s take on the ROG Maximus X Apex:
Every aspect of the ROG Maximus X Apex purposefully defies convention to break performance boundaries and set new standards. Its feature set is carefully selected to optimize component layout and trace pathways for maximum signal integrity. That foundation is backed by all the tools and tweaking options you need to push the platform to the limit, and cooling options to keep everything under control. With a distinct X-shaped PCB that's accented by RGB lighting and performance-first engineering, the Maximus X Apex is suitable for elevating builds to showcase status or satisfying overclocking addicts that thrive on the edge.
Intel Z370 EATX enthusiast motherboard with extreme performance, DDR4 4500MHz+, ROG DIMM.2 (dual M.2), onboard 5G Ethernet, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel LGA1151 socket: Ready for 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.
- Engineered for performance: Optimized 2-DIMM memory trace layout for superior stability and performance, supporting DDR4 overclocking to 4500MHz+ and beyond.
- Overclocker’s toolkit: hardware-level controls and onboard condensation detection circuits to aid with subzero overclocking.
- ROG DIMM.2: vertically-installed dual M.2 expansion card with a bundled fan bracket for maximum cooling and performance.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Cutting-edge connectivity: Onboard 5G Ethernet and Intel Gigabit Ethernet for data transfers at lightning speeds.
- Your board, your insignia: Aura Sync RGB lighting, four 4-pin RGB headers and illuminated customizable nameplate featured on a distinct X-shaped PCB.
- Immersive audio: SupremeFX high fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action.
- Best protection: patent-pending SafeSlot, SafeDIMM and premium components for maximum durability.