ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 8:00am
The ASUS Republic of Gamers (aka ‘ROG) is a family of premium gaming products ranging from video cards to motherboards to peripherals, but every enthusiast knows the foundation of any build is the motherboard. If you look up the definition of ‘Hero’ and ignore the bit about a sandwich, you are left with “a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities”. ASUS has plenty out outstanding achievements, and the ROG line is about as noble as you can get in the PC world, so can the Maximus X be the Hero of your next gaming build?
We’re about to find out!
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the Maximus X Hero to us to check out!
ASUS’s take on the Maximus X Hero:
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN, front panel USB 3.1 and Intel® Optane™ Memory compatibility
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers, addressable RGB header and 3D printing mounts
- Two Patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with dual headphone amplifiers and ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220 CODEC driven by Japanese capacitors