Intel’s Z390 is a bit of an oddity on the PC world. While not really a full generational leap it does supplant Z370 as the flagship chipset for Intel’s 9th generation launch. Since ASUS never really got around to launching its flagship ‘Extreme’ product position on the Z370 platform, it’s making up for lost time now with Z390, the true flagship of the 300 series. Taking advantage of Intel integrating USB 3.1 gen 2 and Wi-Fi into the chipset, ASUS packs not only that but everything else into a single board. So much so, it has to be EATX to hold it all. What all magic has ASUS included? We’ll find out together.
Pro Clockers would like to thank ASUS for sending over the ROG Maximus XI Extreme for us to check out!
ASUS’s take on the ROG Maximus XI Extreme:
ENVISION YOUR DREAM MACHINE
Maximus XI Extreme unleashes the power of the latest Intel Z390 platform for the best gaming experiences. With optimized overclocking, high-speed memory support and comprehensive water and fan cooling controls, Maximus XI Extreme delivers ultimate performance combined with efficient, reliable operation. A blacked-out aesthetic and Aura Sync RGB lighting provide striking, customizable styling for a gaming system with the looks to match its formidable power.
Intel Z390 EATX gaming motherboard with 802.11ac W-Fi, ROG DIMM.2 dual M.2 expansion card, Aura Sync RGB LED, DDR4 4400MHz, four M.2, SATA 6Gbps, HDMI and USB 3.1 Gen 2
- LGA1151 socket: Ready for 9th/8th Generation Intel® Core™ desktop processors.
- Synchronized RGB lighting technology: Works with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync-capable PC gear and includes support for addressable light strips and Phillip Hue
- Perfected cooling: Dedicated water-cooling zones, M.2 heatsink, and flexible fan controls.
- ROG DIMM.2: Vertically-installed dual-M.2 expansion card with heatsink for maximum cooling and performance.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing AI overclocking and cooling profiles tailor-made for your rig.
- Gaming connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, onboard 5Gbps Ethernet, four M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, CNVi 2x2 802.11ac Intel integrated Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support for lightning-fast data transfers
- Gaming audio: High-fidelity sonics that draw you deeper into the action, with SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III.
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot, patented pre-mounted I/O shield and premium components for maximum durability.