ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming Motherboard Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 8:00am
ASUS’s STRIX line of products is one of the most popular choices among gamers for bringing strong gaming oriented features and aesthetics to an affordable mid-range price point. ASUS now brings that along to the big end of the AMD Ryzen ecosystem, known officially as Threadripper, in the form of the ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming Motherboard. Packing AMD’s first HEDT (High-End Desktop) X399 Enthusiast Class chipset, It supports quad SLI and Crossfire graphics, NVMe SSD’s, USB 3.1 Gen 2, More PCIe Lanes than any other consumer platform and all of AMD’s fully unlocked TR4 Based Threadripper CPU’s in an attractive, neutral, gray and black color scheme. Should the STRIX X399-E power your next Mega-multitasking & gaming build? Let’s check it out and find out!
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming over to check out!
ASUS’s take on the ROG STRIX X399-E Gaming:
ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X399 EATX HEDT Motherboard with onboard 802.11AC WiFi, USB 3.1 Gen2, and AURA Sync RGB Lighting
- Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ TR4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with support for up to 128GB of DDR4 memory, dual NVMe M.2 drives, onboard 802.11AC WiFi, front side U.2 and front panel USB 3.1 Gen2 port
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 provides automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while AIO and water-cooling headers deliver dynamic system cooling
- Three patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers and 3D-printing mounts to customize your build
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors
Who is Threadripper for?