ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I Gaming Motherboard review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Monday, July 9, 2018 - 8:00am
With ASUS’s ROG Strix line of products being quite popular with gamers, and AMD’s Ryzen CPU’s also gaining back quite a bit of Intel’s market share in a short time period, coupled with the demand for smaller and more efficient systems, it’s a no-brainer that ASUS would launch the updated ROG Strix X470-I Gaming. Following hot on the heels of its X370-I Gaming, the X470-I gaming gives it a 2nd generation update under the hood while retaining a well thought out layout jam-packed with features. Today we’ll see just what changes have been made to the Ryzen 2nd generation platform.
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the ROG STRIX X470-I Gaming over to check out!
ASUS’s take on the ROG STRIX X470-I Gaming:
Elevating SSD cooling and premium sound let the ROG Strix X470-I Gaming transcend Mini-ITX. Infused with all the essential ROG engineering ready for you to create a gaming rig that rivals anything built around a bigger board. Push performance to the limits with 5-Way optimization, and up the aesthetic ante with Aura Sync illumination. Go compact without compromise with ROG Strix X470-I Gaming and dominate your game!
AMD X470 ITX Gaming motherboard with the M.2 heatsink, Aura Sync RGB LED lighting, DDR4 3600MHz support, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, and USB 3.1 Gen 2
- Powered by AMD® Ryzen™ 2 AM4 and 7th generation Athlon™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, 802.11ac WiFi, and Gigabit LAN
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, RGB 4-pin header, and addressable RGB header
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with dual headphone amplifiers, LED-Illuminated jacks, and ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A codec driven by Japanese capacitors
ROG Strix Gives You More
Design, build, tweak and show off your style — with ROG Strix behind you every step of the way.
AM4 socket for AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics / Ryzen™ 1st Generation / 7th Generation A Series / Athlon X4 processors.
The high-performance Ryzen processor supports up to eight cores and is based on the innovative Zen core architecture. The 7th Generation A-Series APUs feature integrated AMD Radeon R Series graphics. AMD AM4-socket processors feature dual-channel DDR4 memory, native 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 1 and 16 PCI Express®3.0/2.0 lanes for superb performance.
AMD X470 chipset
The AMD X470 chipset delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities for the latest AMD AM4-socket Ryzen™ processors, 7th Generation A-Series APUs and Athlon™CPUs. It is optimized for multiple GPU configurations including NVIDIA SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™. It also provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports and six 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval.