Intel’s B360 platform is much more affordable than the Z370 flagship, but what are you compromising on for that smaller price tag? Actually, for most users, not much. B360 doesn’t support overclocking, CPU or memory, but, and hardware enthusiasts might need to stop reading here, not than many people actually do this. You loose the ability to run more than 1 GPU from the CPU, but again, only a very small portion of the market is affected. What about storage? Well, a trio of M.2 dives are out, as is RAID functions, but everything that matters to the 99% is still there. ASUS is betting that they can still provide a premium experience known to the Strix family without the cost of all the stuff most people don’t actually use anyway, are they right? We’ll find out!
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming over to check out!
ASUS’s take on the ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming:
The distinctive sleek cuts across the ROG Strix heatsink are now accented with a futuristic cyber-text pattern, fusing multiple gaming cultures to create a unique identity for this generation. But it's not all about arresting looks: the all-new ROG Strix motherboards exude material excellence, with a high-quality metal heatsink that adds a premium touch.
- Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2 and Intel® Optane™ Memory compatibility
- ASUS OptiMem improves memory stability and performance by improving trace isolation between PCB layers to maintain signal integrity even at higher frequencies
- Fan Xpert 4 with GPU temperature sensing allows for dynamic fan calibration and optimized system cooling while gaming
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting and a 3D-printing friendly mount
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality