ASUS WS X299 SAGE Motherboard Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - 8:00am
With the seemingly constant releases of the next ‘best thing in gaming’, it's easy to forget that gaming only makes up a small portion of the PC world. While it doesn’t take much of a machine to check emails and check out pictures on social media, more than a few people make a living off of getting work done on a PC. When time is money, you need the best, and you need to get things done. With ASUS’s WS or Work Station line you can pack your system will all the power you need to get the job done.
ProClockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the WS X299 SAGE to us to check out!
ASUS’s take on the WS X299 SAGE:
The new WS X299 Sage blends tremendous GPU performance with up to Quad-SLI support, server-grade validation, and comprehensive cooling options to deliver the perfect system build for training neural networks and crunching other scalable compute loads. Dual PLX chips extend the number of PCIe lanes to provide additional expansion slots, giving you robust connectivity options to configure your system with the tools you need to get your job done.
- Designed for 7th generation LGA2066 socket Intel® Core™ X-Series processors with dual M.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2, Dual Gigabit Intel® LAN, support for Thunderbolt 3, Intel® VROC and Intel®Optane™Memory compatibility
- OC Design featuring ASUS ProClock and T-Topology Technology extends CPU and Memory overclocking margins while providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance for memory speeds of DDR4-4133 MHz and beyond
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 delivers automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while headers for thermal sensors, AIO pump, and watercooling provide dynamic system cooling
- Patent-pending SafeSlot features an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slots built for heavyweight GPUs, ideal for supporting 3-Way NVIDIA®SLI® or AMD® CrossfireX™
- Industry-leading 7.1-channel HD audio enhanced by ASUS exclusive Realtek S1220A featuring Crystal Sound 3, DTS Headphone:X and driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
- Complete IT Infrastructure Management with ASMB9 Out-of-band remote management and In-band ASUS Control Center providing a complete server management solution reducing IT operating costs with features like remote BIOS updating, monitoring multiple systems via mobile device, and one-click software updates/dispatching.
- AURA Sync RGB lighting via Addressable RGB header features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products