With Intel’s recent launch of the updated 9th Gen. Intel Core X series processors, motherboard manufacturers have taken the opportunity to update their lineups. First generation X299 platforms caught a little bit of grief from the overclocking community for VRM cooling. Intel’s High Core Count CPU’s were pulling incredible amounts of power and the decorative heatsinks struggled to keep up thermally with processors that were easily breaking the 500W mark, Gigabyte has taken that into consideration on the new X299 AORUS Master. Featuring a new fully digital 12-phase Smart Power Stage VRM with a fin array heatsink with triple the surface area for maximum overclocking potential. Let’s dive in and check out what else Gigabyte has added and updated!
ProClockers would like to thank Gigabyte for sending the X299 AORUS MASTER over to check out!
Gigabyte’s take on the X299 AORUS MASTER:
The falcon utilizes its powerful wings to soar through the skies and lock down its prey. The AORUS Core takes inspiration from the falcon’s aerodynamic wings, incorporating a multi-layered design which features wing shaped contours and also resembles the falcon’s high-velocity ascension and dives through the skies. With sleek and metallic armor, the AORUS Core symbolizes advancement in technology with its futuristic style.
Intel X299 AORUS Motherboard with 12 Phases Digital VRM, Fins-Array Heatsink with 6mm heat pipe, 2.5GbE LAN and Intel LAN, 802.11ac Wireless with High Gain Antenna, Triple M.2 with Thermal Guards, ESS SABRE 9218 DAC, Front & Rear USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
- Supports 9th Gen Intel® Core™ X Series Processors
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- 12 Phases Digital VRM Solution with Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array and 6mm Heatpipe
- Realtek 2.5GbE onboard and Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- Onboard Intel 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi & AORUS Antenna
- 130dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9218 DAC, ALC1220, and WIMA audio capacitors
- USB TurboCharger for mobile device faster-charging support
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone RGB LED Light Show design, support Addressable LED & RGB LED strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ Header
- Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface with Triple Thermal Guards
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage