MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard Review
Posted by Heath Coop on Friday, June 2, 2017 - 8:00am
Carbon fiber instantly sends visions of speed, performance, and exotic technology to many. Wrapped in carbon fiber look trim, B350 Gaming Pro Carbon aims to instaill many of those same visions. Built on MSI’s Military Class 5 foundation, the B350 Gaming Pro Carbon supports AMD's newest Ryzen processors and DDR4 memory up to 3200Mhz via four memory slots. There’s Turbo M.2 connectivity with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s.
It seems that all the bases are quite well covered, but there are some additional features which ass even more performance, flexibility, and value. DDR4 Boost gives your DDR4 memory a performance boost with a simple click of the mouse. Steel Armor PCI-E and memory slots offer additional strength to reduce tear out during transport and shield from EMI. Support for 2-way Nvidia SLI and 3-way AMD CrossFire is standard. Audio Boost 4 delivers thigh sound quality with premium quality audio components and an isolated audio PCB.
MSI has also paid close attention on the software side. They have revised their UEFI based Click BIOS to version 5, which has exclusive MSI Boost Overclocking features. There are also several applications that allows quite a bit of control over the BIOS, overclocking, LAN, and other various features from inside the Windows environment as well.
MSI's take on the B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
- Supports AMD RYZEN Series processors and 7th Gen A-series / Athlon Processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4-3200+(OC) Memory
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- VR Ready and VR Boost: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: Control all LEDs in system with one click by GAMING APP or mobile devices
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M.2, M.2 Shield, Lightning USB 3.1 Gen2
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic 2: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- Military Class 4, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution in high quality components for best protection and efficiency
- MULTI-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports AMD Crossfire
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Xsplit Gamecaster
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
- WHQL certified for Windows 10