Today AMD releases the long-awaited midrange chipset in its 400 series lineup, B450. MSI has several motherboards ready to go for this more affordable platform, and we’ll be taking a look at the latest offering from its mid-range but still well-equipped Arsenal Gaming segment, the B450 Tomahawk. Packed with features gamers need to stay strong under fire, the B450 Tomahawk comes with six fully controlled fan headers, Extended heatsinks, MSI Audio Boost, low latency gaming LAN and limitless tuning to eek out every last FPS possible from any hardware you have for the ultimate gaming experience.
ProClockers would like to thank MSI for sending the B450 TOMAHAWK over to check out!
AMD Chipset Comparison
As you can see above, the B450 Chipset supports everything X470 does with one exception, CPU PCIe lane bifurcation. In English, that means the 16 PCIe lanes to your graphics card from the CPU can only be to a single x16 slot. X470 boards allow this to be split into two PCIe x8 for SLI and Crossfire support.
MSI’s B450 motherboards for AMD Ryzen Processors.
PERFECT TRACE IN EVERY PLACE - FOR NON-STOP GAMING & PRODUCTIVITY - THE BEST CHOICE IN B450 MOTHERBOARDS
Maximize Performance and Realize Your Potential
Carefully planned, built-up with new features, and perfectly executed for gamers and professionals alike, MSI B450 motherboards for AMD Ryzen™ processors are here to continue a legacy of greatness. Unleash demanding 8-core Ryzen CPUs with MSI Core Boost circuit optimizations and extended heatsinks. Update the BIOS easily with BIOS Flashback+ and stay on top of the game. Adapt your storage options with AMD’s new SSD technology ‘StoreMI’ for accelerated data caching. Ensure consistent memory performance with DDR4 Boost backed by extensive and industry-leading DRAM validation from MSI.
MSI’s Take on the B450 TOMAHAWK:
Military inspired, the B450 TOMAHAWK is built strong and tough to conquer any battlefield.
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ 1st and 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 3466+(OC) MHz
- Extended Heatsink Design: MSI extended PWM and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run at full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2, Store MI technology
- Core Boost: With the premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire™
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with the studio-grade sound quality for the most immersive audio experience.
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 16.8 million colors / 10 effects in one click. Synchronize RGB strips and other RGB solutions for customization.
- BIOS FLASHBACK+: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with the high-resolution scalable font, favorites, and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players