MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC Motherboard Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 - 8:00am
While not the highest offering among the Enthusiast Gaming family of boards. The Gaming M7 position is arguably one of the most popular in the Lineup. It stands to Reason it would be one of the first to get the updates for AMD’s 2nd generation Ryzen processors, and today we get to look at MSI’s X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard. To open up headroom for better overclockability, MSI doubles up on power delivery with a pair of 8-pin CPU power connections piped into the 14 phase VRM. Most of the favorites such as the twin drive Shield FROZR heatsink and Steel Armor protected slots return but let’s see what else MSI has under the hood!
ProClockers would like to thank MSI for sending the X470 Gaming M7 AC over to check out!
MSI’s Take on the X470 Gaming M7 AC:
Master the Game
With a unique look and feel, packed with exclusive gaming features, MSI ENTHUSIAST GAMING motherboards offer the best possible gaming experience.
- Supports AMD® RYZENTM Desktop Processors and AMD® A-series / Athlon™ Processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4-3600+(OC) Memory
- M.2 SHIELD FROZR: Strengthened built-in M.2 thermal solution. Keeps M.2 safer and faster
- DDR4 Boost with Steel Armor: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- CORE Boost: With premium layout and full digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects controlled in one click.
- MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION: supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- Dual 8 Pin power supply: By providing dual 8 pin connectors to ensure adequate power supply to unleash ultimate multi-core CPU performance.
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic: Reward your ears with studio-grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield FROZR.
- Killer LAN: Get ready for the lowest latency with Killer's exclusive network management to prioritize game traffic over any other network traffic.
- BIOS Flashback+: Easy BIOS recovery without the need of a CPU, memory and VGA card
- MULTI-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports NVIDIA SLI™ & AMD Crossfire™
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Voice Boost.
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high-resolution scalable font, favorites, and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
- WHQL certified for Windows 10