MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 9:02am
Today Intel Launches its 8th generation Core processors, touted as “Intel’s best gaming processor ever”. Following that claim, MSI kicks off its Z370 series platform with one of its best gaming oriented series with the Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. Featuring the same signature Carbon fiber accenting and subtle RGB accenting layered over the top of MSI’s high-end Performance Gaming platform, MSI welcomes Intel’s 8th generation Core CPU’s to the gaming family.
ProClockers would like to thank MSI for sending the Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC over to check out!
Intel Z370 and 8th generation Core Desktop Platform:
Be ready for amazing experiences in gaming, VR, and entertainment wherever your computing takes you with the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family. This new generation of processors extends all the capabilities users have come to love in our desktop platforms with advanced innovations that deliver exciting new features to immerse you in incredible experiences on a variety of form factors.
Exceptional Platform Performance The 8th Generation Intel Core processors redefine mainstream desktop PC performance with up to six cores for more processing power—that’s two more cores than the previous generation Intel Core processor family—Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 technology to increase the maximum turbo frequency up to 4.7 GHz, and up to 12 MB of cache memory. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology - delivers up to 12-way multitasking support in the latest generation of Intel Core processors. For the enthusiast, the unlocked 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700K processor provides you the opportunity to tweak the platform performance to its fullest potential and enjoy great gaming and VR experiences. The new 8th Generation Intel Core processor family delivers • An impressive portfolio of standard and unlocked systems for a broad range of usages and performance levels.
• New system acceleration when paired with Intel® Optane™ memory to deliver amazing system responsiveness.
• Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology to give you that extra burst of performance when you need it.
• Intel Hyper-Threading technology, which allows each processor core to work on two tasks at the same time, improving multitasking, speeding up workflows, and accomplishing more in less time.
• DDR4 RAM memory technology support, which allows systems to have up to 64 GB of memory and up to 2666 MT/s memory transfer speeds.
• The ability to set an overclocked ratio per core with unlocked processors,1 when paired with select chipset SKUs, to provide you more control and more granularity for overclocking your platform.
- Supports 8th Gen Intel® CoreTM / Pentium® Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4000+(OC) MHz
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. M.2 Shield, LIGHTNING USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio-grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- DDR4 Boost: Fully isolated, shielded and optimized DDR4 PCB design to give your DDR4 memory a performance boost.
- GAMING LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with the lowest latency and bandwidth management.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD Crossfire™
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness.
- Military Class 5, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution with high-quality Japanese components for best protection and efficiency.
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, WTFast.
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot.
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high-resolution scalable font, favorites and search function.
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players.