Final Thoughts and Conclusion
Overall, I was actually really unimpressed with the Tenda Powerline adapter kit. On LAN to LAN file transfers, it comes nowhere close to the advertised 1000Mb/s speeds. That being said, it all depends on your use case for these adapters.
If you’re using these Powerline Adapters to get internet access to computers that otherwise would not get usable speeds, or internet access at all, then these are the perfect product. They would even work well for streaming videos or movies at home or from online to your IPTV. If you are looking for an adapter to speed up your file transfers, then these may not be the product you’re looking for.
They have a great concept for this product, and I absolutely love the AC Pass Through feature so that you don’t lose an outlet due to using these. I also love the fact that they have two LAN ports on the Adapters so that you don’t have to waste an Ethernet port on your router and not be able to connect something else local. Unfortunately, the Tenda Powerline Adapters just aren’t able to perform up to the speeds claimed.
The Tenda AV1000 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit is available at Newegg and Amazon for $74.00.
- Easy Setup, no software needed
- AC Pass Through feature makes sure you don’t lose an outlet to use these
- Second LAN port on Adapter prevents wasting a port on your router
- Plenty of speed for almost any internet connection available
- Does not perform even close to Manufacturers claims of 1000Mb/s
- File Transfer speeds on the LAN are slower than would be expected.