Silverstone has been making challenging the de facto standards in the power supply business since 2003. Sharp increases in power density have culminated in many milestones such as 2016’s smallest 850W ever created. While many of the advances affect smaller power supplies, Silverstone is pushing this to the kilowatt level PSU’s and the latest advance is the ST1200-PTS we have here today. Featuring a staggering 665W per liter power density, Silverstone packs 1200 watts of 80+ Platinum level efficiency into a fully modular box measuring a scant 140mm long. Does Silverstone make any compromises when packing this much power into such a small space? Let’s find out!
ProClockers would like to thank Silverstone for sending us the ST1200-PTS 1200W power supply to check out!
Silverstone’s take on the ST1200-PTS power supply:
The world’s smallest kilowatt-level ATX power supply
After creating the smallest 850W full modular power supply in 2016, SilverStone has again upped the record for smallest retail PSU with full modular cables at 1000W and 1200W respectively with 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) x 140mm (D) dimensions. This allows for nearly unlimited possibility in small form-factor PCs.
- Compact design with a depth of 140mm for easy integration
- High efficiency with 80 PLUS Platinum certifications
- 100% modular cables
- 24/7 continuous power output with 40℃ operating temperature
- Class-leading single +12V rail
- Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low ripple & noise
- Built-in silent & durable hybrid ceramic bearing (HYB) fan
- FF122 magnetized fan filter included