Corsair Force MP300 M.2 480GB SSD review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:00am
The storage world is a continuous march towards bigger, better, and eventually, cheaper. You always have those on the bleeding edge willing to pay the early adopter tax on the latest and greatest, but much of the market is a generation or two behind just to avoid a second mortgage. SSD’s have been around awhile now, most directly replacing mechanical disks on the SATA III 6 Gbps bus that turns ten years old later this summer. More recently Solid-State Drives have moved to PCIe through the universally confusing M.2 port but the cost per gigabyte has left most still using the 2nd drive for more space with the operating system and a few things on the SSD only. PCIe NVMe drive prices have been trickling down, but we are just now starting to see a level of cost parity from PCIe to SATA SSD’s and today we’ll be looking at a new offering from Corsair that aims to take on that market segment.
ProClockers would like to thank Corsair for sending us a new Force MP300 SSD to check out!
Corsair’s take on the Force MP300 SSD:
The CORSAIR MP300 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD delivers three-times the performance of SATA drives in a compact M.2 form factor.
- HIGH-SPEED NVME PCI EXPRESS GEN3 X2 INTERFACE - Up to 1600MB/sec sequential read speeds for performance 3x faster SATA SSDs.
- 3D NAND - State-of-the-art, high-density 3D TLC NAND offers the ideal mix of performance, endurance and value.
- MULTI-PLATFORM OS SUPPORT - Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, and Linux with no special driver or administrative rights required.
- THERMALLY OPTIMIZED - Surface materials are optimized for thermal conductivity, dispersing heat away from the source and minimizing performance throttling.
- ENHANCED ERROR CORRECTION AND WEAR LEVELING - Advanced error correction and improved data retention ensure your data is safe, while static and dynamic wear leveling enhances reliability and extends drive lifespan.
- SSD Toolbox - Configure drive over-provisioning, secure erase, disk cloning, firmware updates and more, all from your desktop.
- FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY - Comprehensive five-year CORSAIR warranty for peace of mind.