Gigabyte is one of the most well-known brands in the PC world and with that comes a certain level of brand loyalty. While Gigabyte does complete PC’s in the small form factor world, their laptops are the bread and butter of the read to run PC line up. For those that like to build, for the longest time you were limited to motherboards, and eventually video cards. More recently we’re seen Gigabyte expand internal component offerings to power supplies, and memory, and even SATA SSD’s. Today we’ll be looking at their first jump into the NVMe market in the M.2 form factor.
ProClockers would like to thank Kingston for sending us the UV500 SSD to check out!
Gigabyte’s take on the M.2 PCIe SSD 256GB:
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCI-Express 3.0 x2, NVMe 1.3
- Total Capacity: 256GB*
- Warranty: Limited 3-years
- Sequential Read Speed: up to 1200 MB/s**
- Sequential Write Speed: up to 800 MB/s**
- HMB (Host Memory Buffer) supported
- TRIM & S.M.A.R.T supported