Intel SSD Toolbox
The Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (Intel® SSD Toolbox) is drive management software that allows you to:
- View current drive information for Intel® Solid State Drives (Intel® SSDs), including:
- Model number, capacity, and firmware version
- Drive health
- Estimated drive life remaining
- SMART attributes (also available for hard disk drives and non-Intel SSDs)
- Identify Device information (also available for hard disk drives and non-Intel SSDs)
- Optimize Intel SSD performance using Trim functionality and Performance Boost feature.
Intel’s Solid-State Toolbox has been around for a long time now, and nothing has really changed. You start out on a landing page that shows all drives in the system and typically it will show the Intel drive first by default.
The Quick Diagnostic scan uses a 5GB sized chunk of free space and reads and write to the drive to make sure everything related is working correctly.
Full Diagnostic checks every bit of space in the drive for errors and writes and verifies data across all free space to do everything possible to verify the drive is fully functional.
If you are done with the drive and plan to get rid of it, or just want to erase it, the Secure Erase will make all deleted data permanently inaccessible, even to advanced data recovery tools.
Information about your system and drivers, as well as SMART data about the drive itself is readily available.
Firmware updates can’t be applied from here, Intel has a specific command line tool for Enterprise drives but the SSD Toolbox will notify you if a new firmware is available.