Founded in 2002, San Jose, California-based OCZ Storage Solutions got their start in the RAM memory market. In 2007, they decided to expand their product line and acquired PC Power & Cooling, whose products included power supplies. When the solid state drive technology started to emerge, OCZ was there too. OCZ was purchased by Toshiba in 2013, which was looking to enter the SSD market in a big way.
The OCZ ARC 100 is clearly aimed at the budget friendly portion of the SSD market, which has been heating up recently. The ARC 100 uses the Toshiba's own Indilinx Barefoot 3 M00 controller, a slightly under-clocked version of the Barefoot 3 M10 controller used in OCZ's in the Vector and Vertex 460(s) drives. The ARC 100 uses the same Toshiba 19nm Multi-Level Cell (MLC) Flash as well.
OCZ's take on the ARC 100 240GB SATA SSD
Solid Performance for Notebooks and PCs
Think an SSD upgrade is out of your reach? Think again. With OCZ’s ARC 100 Series, get lasting SSD performance and an exceptional computing experience, all while delivering an excellent value for flash storage thrill seekers.
Putting Hard Drives to Shame
Imagine faster boot-ups, snappier file transfers, improved energy efficiency, and system responsiveness that make you wonder why you put up with that hard drive for so long. If you’re ready to make the leap to a more durable alternative to spinning discs, the ARC 100 Series is ready to take on your storage challenges at an upgrade-friendly price point.
- Cutting-edge A19nm process geometry NAND offers excellent value for consumer desktops and laptops
- Emphasis on endurance, rated for 20GB/day of host writes for 3 years (typical client workloads)
- Proprietary Barefoot 3 M10 controller technology delivers superior sustained speeds over the long term
- Excels in both incompressible and compressible data types such as multimedia, encrypted data,. ZIP files and software
- Advanced suite of NAND flash management to analyze and dynamically adapt as flash cells wear
- Superior reliability with in-house technology and high quality components based on the latest technology
- Sleek alloy housing offers ultra-slim sub-7mm z-height for use in the latest thinner form factor notebooks
Packaging and pecifications are up next.