System Configuration & Software
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
- GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1660TI OC
- Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex
- Ram: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz C16
- SSD: Toshiba OCZ RC400 480GB
- Chassis: Streacom Open BenchTable
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
All testing was performed at stock settings with the exception of system memory that had its XMP profile enabled.
Nvidia’s software consists of the Nvidia Control Panel and GeForce Experience.
The additional tested software is comprised of only TechPowerUp’s GPUz. The new Nvidia Scanner isn’t available as a standalone but is provided to board partners for integration into their own utilities. A pre-launch copy of EVGA’s new X1 utility was provided for the purpose of this review.
ASUS GPU Tweak II
Do More with One Click Than You Ever Thought Possible
ASUS GPU Tweak II provides an intuitive interface to access serious functionalities, all right at your fingertips. And the best part is, you can access all that on-the-fly, even in-game ─ all with one click.
- Enjoy your music and videos by clicking Silent Mode
- Game for hours on with Gaming Mode as the default setting in ASUS graphics cards
- Bench and play the most demanding games by clicking OC Mode to unlock maximum performance
- Stream and record your gameplay on-the-fly with XSplit Gamecaster
The Rog Strix GTX 1660TI OC Edition comes with 3 profiles:
Featuring a clock speed of 1470 MHz and a boost of 1830 MHz.
Gaming Mode (default):
Featuring a clock speed of 1500 MHz with a boost of 1860 MHz.
With the highest clock speed and performance, featuring a clock speed of 1530 MHz with a boost of 1890 MHz.
ASUS Aura Sync (GPU)
ASUS Aura Sync takes RGB lighting beyond the checkbox, combining and controlling the LEDs of all your Aura-enabled products from a single application to achieve perfect, synchronized harmony. From motherboards and RGB strips to graphics cards and beyond, Aura Sync enables a veritable symphony of light for ultimate personalization.
The front accents and RGB header on the rear can be controlled by the Aura software.