Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 560 Video Card Review
Posted by Heath Coop on Monday, August 7, 2017 - 1:24am
Not too long ago we reviewed Asus’s new line of ROG Strix AMD based video cards the RX 580 and RX 570 and we came away rather impressed. Today we will be looking at their RX 560 Video card. The Radeon RX 560 is the newest entry to the RX 500 series and is designed for the more budget conscience gamer. The ROG Strix RX 560 utilizes 4GB of GDDR5 memory with 1024 stream processors and 16 compute units. It ships with 1326MHz core clock speed, and has 1750MHz memory clock speed which is connected to a 128-bit memory interface. These specifications are roughly half that of the larger RX 570.
Like the RX 570, it’s designed to deliver VR capability, increased level of performance, smooth VR, seamless support for next-gen gaming monitors, and CPU-free game streaming or recording. Furthermore, it also also supports AMD’s newest technologies such as Direct 12® and Vulkan™, FreeSync™, and Liquid VR as well.
Asus Aura Sync RGB LED synchronization allows users customizable lighting control via Asus’s Aura software. If the user has other Asus and/or Aura compatible products, a full version of Aura is available for download that will allow control of the lighting for those products as well. To top is off there’s VR-friendly HDMI ports let gamers easily enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences.
Asus’s take on the ROG Strix Radeon RX 560
ROG Strix RX 560 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including DirectCU II Technology with Patented Wing-Blade Fans for up to 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance, and Industry-only Auto-Extreme Technology for premium quality and the best reliability. Aura RGB Lighting enables a gaming system personalization. ROG Strix RX 560 also has GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.
- 1336 MHz boost clock (OC Mode) with 4GB GDDR5 memory for an upgraded gaming experience
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled product
- DirectCU II with patented Wing-Blade fans on 0db fan technology delivers 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance contact with direct-GPU contact heatpipe
- Easily monitor and control your GPU’s performance and cooling with the intuitive GPU Tweak II interface and FanConnect II for GPU temperature sensing
- Auto-Extreme manufacturing technology delivers premium quality and reliability with aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II component