Launched late summer 2017, AMD’s Radeon Vega series cards were well received, to the point of being a little scarce on store shelves. It really didn’t help that the Crypto-boom of late 2017 had anything of Team Red’s flying off the shelves without a second glance, but it did give board partners time to work on aftermarket versions of the line quietly in the shadows. While all cards are still flying off the shelves faster than you can blink lately, the first aftermarket variants of AMD’s Vega line are starting to trickle out, and one of the first is right here carrying ASUS famous ROG STRIX Branding in the ROG STRIX Radeon Veag64 OC. Featuring an improved PCB layout, better power delivery, and ASUS’s triple fan Cooler, and packing 8GB of HBM2 memory, this just might be the best Vega yet.
Pro Clockers would like to thank ASUS for sending the ROG STRIX Radeon VEGA64 over to check out!
ASUS’s take on the STRIX Radeon Vega64:
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix RX VEGA64 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including all-new MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer, and Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan. While ASUS FanConnect II features 4-pin, hybrid-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal system cooling. ASUS Aura Sync RGB LED synchronization enables a gaming system personalization and VR-friendly HDMI ports let gamers easily enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences. ROG Strix RX VEGA64 also has GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.
- 1590 MHz Boost Clock (OC Mode) featuring 8GB HBM2 memory with AMD’s Vega architecture.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of ASUS Aura Sync enabled products.
- MaxContact plus Auto-Extreme manufacturing technology delivers 2X more GPU to heatsink contact for increased cooling efficiency and premium quality aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II components.
- Patented wing-blade 0dB fans with FanConnect II maximizes cooling performance using three axial fans to deliver 105% more air pressure and dual 4-pin headers for referencing chassis fans to GPU temperatures.
- GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring Game Booster and a free 1-year premium license of XSplit Gamecaster