MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO Review
Posted by Damon Bailey on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 8:00am
If your first reaction to the picture above was “Sweet, a new Lightning card!” we won’t fault you, even though there IS one of those out there too. FROZR fans on a GPU are nothing new to MSI, but slapping three of them on a card has mostly been the realm of their Lightning series cards, not the Gaming X class. MSI brings Nvidia’s Pascal based 1080Ti its Premium air cooling solution, all-metal back plate, VR friendly output configuration, Mystic Lighting, and perhaps the most important thing of all to anyone tired of red and black, a more neutral color scheme.
ProClockers would like to thank MSI for sending over the monster GAMING X TRIO to check out!
MSI’s Take on the GAMING X TRIO:
- Boost Clock / Base Clock / Memory Frequency
1683 MHz / 1569 MHz / 11124 MHz (OC Mode)
1657 MHz / 1544 MHz / 11016 MHz (Gaming Mode)
1582 MHz / 1480 MHz / 11016 MHz (Silent Mode)
- 11GB GDDR5X
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.
TORX FAN 2.0: Supremely silent
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade Provides steady airflow to massive heatsink below.
- Double ball bearing: Strong and lasting core for years of smooth gaming.
TRI-FROZR Thermal Design
- Using three of the award-winning TORX 2.0 Fans with Double Ball Bearings.
- Instant Performance Gain: Unlock extra performance or keep your card silent during light use in one click.
- LED control: Full control on your RGB GAMING LEDs to set the mood.